Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 13 one ui 5.0 phone orientation issue

(Topic created on: 12-11-2022 06:57 PM)
Gionike
Voyager
Options
Ok so....its been a while since I had any issue with the s21 ultra or android until I updated it to the latest software: android 13 one ui 5.0.

So far I've noticed a major and irritating problem.
It's the phones orientation. When phone held in portrait position, and the auto rotate is on auto mode, the phone camera app, chrome websites, and actually any other apps that allow the orientation options in landscape and portrait, the phone keeps turning landscape when the phone is held in portrait. VERY ANNOYING. 

all pictures are coming out in wrong orientation. Can't look at websites 
unless I lay the phone flat. 

When the auto rotation is turned off I can use all the apps in portrait mode except the camera still switches orientation the wrong way around.

Need a fix quick samsung

71 REPLIES 71
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, try clearing the launchers data or storage & in its app settings.
See if that helps.
0 Likes
Gionike
Voyager
Options
Sorry where is that exactly?
0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi Go into settings then apps, then search for one ui home, then scroll down to storage, then you'll see clear data or clear cache.
Screenshot_20221112_191254_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20221112_191045_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20221112_191135_Settings.jpg
Gionike
Voyager
Options
Oh man! That didn't work. Instead it's reset all my settings ie home page settings, app settings, fonts and app icons all changed to default.
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
The last resort is a factory reset.
Gionike
Voyager
Options
I'm not sure why that would fix it. It would still be android 13 with one ui with the same problem
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
It's been reported a few times on here about auto rotate since the recent software update on the S21 causing issues.
Gionike
Voyager
Options
Oknso I'm not the only one. Which is good then there's a chance they will take it seriously and fix it quick
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Sometimes you still have glitches after big updates & the reset fixes them.
In my opinion, remember I have the s21 ultra android 13 & don't have any issues, because I follow a procedure of doing a factory reset after major updates.
I personally don't have that issue, the rotation works how it's supposed to.