Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ANDROID 13 BATTERY DRAIN

(Topic created on: 12-11-2022 10:07 PM)
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
So beta 1 was perfect. Battery was amazing. Then it went downhill from beta 2 and 3 and then stable release. I've done a reset and hoping after the learning usage it improves but so far I'm not satisfied with 2-3 hours screen time. That's appalling considering I got at least 6 on android 12 and android 13 (BETA 1)

20 REPLIES 20
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I did a factory reset just after the stable update. Must say battery has been good for me.Screenshot_20221112_213616_Device care.jpg
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Oh dear .... fb tiktok , Spotify, and many more apps like eating batteries.
Adaptive lighting turn it off and adjust the brightness manually. Bluetooth and WiFi unless needed turn them off.
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
I never bothered with the beta program as the changes are minimal.
But yeah on both my s21 ultra and s22 the battery has been great on android 13.
I get around 8-9hrs sot(s21 ultra) and 5.5-6.5hrs sot(s22).
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @adamlee  Did you wipe the cache partition and repair apps via the Recovery Menu after the stable release?  if that has not made enough difference obviously Factory Reset an option even if not necessarily ideal.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Already done a factory reset.
0 Likes
malk20426
Voyager
Options
Your socials and music using lots of battery. Try putting battery for these apps in restricted mode.
0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
My usage is identical to beta 1. Nothing different. If anything after the factory reset I have way less apps. But still the majority are the same I had on beta 1. Here's my battery life on 1st beta. Still had 50% remaining Screenshot_20221113_094332_Gallery.jpg
0 Likes
sewlac
Journeyman
Options

After the last update to Android 13 and UI 5.0, the battery in my S22 is being drained dramatically. 6h and the phone is dead! It is one big mistake. If Samsung doesn't fix it, I will never buy Samsung again. Are you serious guys there in Samsung? People buy the flagship model and there are getting soo poor quality?! 

GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
When you guys factory Reset what do you backup?

As I never backup my settings or apps.

Love to manually install apps as and when required, and redo my settings.