Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Android 12 Update no contacts in car

(Topic created on: 07-12-2021 03:23 AM)
Members_i1Lnsi3
First Poster
Options

Hi,

After new update, in my car disapper contacts.

I have cancell pairing from the car and in the phone, but nothing change.

First I can listen messages from my car, now nothing.

Someone can help me?

Go to solution
59 REPLIES 59
DaneC
Apprentice
Options

This has been bugging me for a few weeks now.  So frustrating!  Thank you for you help 

GanGS1eR & ChiHarley

0 Likes
Simone DB
Apprentice
Options

This worked for me! Thank you so much! I could not find Developer options in Settings. However I searched in Settings for Bluetooth PBAP and found my way.

Thanks again!

0 Likes
Solution
JimC64
Apprentice
Options

HERE IS THE POSSIBLE SOLUTION - WORKED FOR ME

Here is a solution.
Go to Settings, select Developer options, Bluetooth PBAP, Bluetooth PBAP version, PBAP 1.1, then Apply. Then put back PBAP 1.2 and Apply.
Tested on Subaru Outback 2019. Tested on Jaguar XJ X351 2016

Thanks to GanGS1eR for the above

If you don't know about Developer options - see below

For those, like me, who don't know about "Developer options", this video shows how to get that setting enabled:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDLsbJ_Myhc&t=77s.  I'll be trying this fix soon.

Thanks to ChiHarley for the above

QUITE SIMPLY - THIS WORKS

JimC64

Members_Tc4qUpO
Student
Options

Worked for me thank you very much!

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Enabling Developer options also explained here , you need to go to Settings and tap About phone or About Device- scroll Down and Tap the Build Number 7 times .  Developer Options will appear once you enter password,Pin or Pattern.  See a visual guide here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-turn-on-the-developer-options-menu-on-my-... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
dorado
First Poster
Options

Did anyone have this solution correct the phonebook issue but now text messaging stopped coming through?  

0 Likes
NR99
Student
Options

Thanks,  this may be the trick.  Do after days of trying everything.   PBAP, resets, unpairing, deleting bluetooth, chearing caches,etc,  all of a sudden it started working.   Possible it was changing settings and then changing back,  but hard to tell I tried so many things. 

0 Likes
Mike H
First Poster
Options

I have been messing around for weeks on this and had never heard of 'Phone Book Access Profile' until I read your post. Thanks for solving this.

0 Likes
Members_IhpDKiN
First Poster
Options

Thanks so much 2 people who put about changes via developer options. Worked perfectly in my BMW thanks 

0 Likes
Dlfnsrgr8t
Apprentice
Options

THANK YOU!  This absolutely worked for me!  I have contacted the dealership, the Uconnect people, everyone I could think of and then found the solution here!  Absolutely works!!!

0 Likes