Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Android 12 Update no contacts in car

(Topic created on: 22-12-2021 05:32 PM)
Members_i1Lnsi3
First Poster
Options

Hi,

After new update, in my car disapper contacts.

I have cancell pairing from the car and in the phone, but nothing change.

First I can listen messages from my car, now nothing.

Someone can help me?

59 REPLIES 59
JimC64
Apprentice
Options

Wow, how annoyed am I?

I have to say firstly, I really like my S21, we have two of them and these are our 2nd two, fan of the Samsung brand in general.

The last several days have been a little bit of a nightmare.

My S21, after working perfectly for 18 months or so, all of a sudden, for no apparent reason has stopped displaying the contacts in my Jaguar. It's been so annoying I've even had the car in to Jaguar themselves, who report no issues and insist it must be the phone.

I've disconnected and unpaired the phone and the paired it back again, the phones been switched off / on etc etc and a dozen other scenarios along that theme, no joy.

This ALL seems to stem form a recent update I was asked to do on the phone, around the 17th December.

As I use my car for business on long travels throughout the country, this is a real pain, no idea who is calling and no access to quick contact lists, essentially a danger when driving.

I've contacted the Samsung helpline, which basically although very polite and did try to be helpful, weren't actually that much help after a few hours on the phone.

They did confirm to me that there seemed to be a few problems with the recent update, more so somehow with S29 and S21 users

5 days now and no contacts in the car.......C'mon Samsung, please get this fixed ASAP

0 Likes
JimC64
Apprentice
Options

This^^^^^ in a nutshell is my issue and ALL since I was asked to do an update by Samsung to enrich my S21 experience and give me MORE.

NOT SO it would seem, very frustrating and annoying!

0 Likes
Solution
GanGS1eR
First Poster
Options

Here is a solution.
Go to Settings, select Developer options, Bluetooth PBAP, Bluetooth PBAP version, PBAP 1.1, then Apply. Then put back PBAP 1.2 and Apply.
Tested on Subaru Outback 2019.

Paxcos
First Poster
Options

This worked for me, thanks! 

Solution
ChiHarley
Student
Options

For those, like me, who don't know about "Developer options", this video shows how to get that setting enabled:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDLsbJ_Myhc&t=77s.  I'll be trying this fix soon.

Cam2021
Student
Options

Worked for me on 2 cars now, thanks for finally ending the pain 👍

0 Likes
JimC64
Apprentice
Options

I'd just like to say a massive THANKS to users

GanGS1eR & ChiHarley

The fix and then the how to for the developer options was awesome, worked a treat on my Jaguar XJ X351

Massive thanks guys, appreciate the help

Jim

stevemo
Student
Options

Thank you so very much. This worked. 

0 Likes
DaneC
Apprentice
Options

THANK YOU!  This worked.  

0 Likes