Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Android 12 Update no contacts in car

(Topic created on: 07-12-2021 03:23 AM)
Members_i1Lnsi3
First Poster
Options

Hi,

After new update, in my car disapper contacts.

I have cancell pairing from the car and in the phone, but nothing change.

First I can listen messages from my car, now nothing.

Someone can help me?

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GanGS1eR
First Poster
Options

Here is a solution.
Go to Settings, select Developer options, Bluetooth PBAP, Bluetooth PBAP version, PBAP 1.1, then Apply. Then put back PBAP 1.2 and Apply.
Tested on Subaru Outback 2019.

View solution in context

Solution
ChiHarley
Student
Options

For those, like me, who don't know about "Developer options", this video shows how to get that setting enabled:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDLsbJ_Myhc&t=77s.  I'll be trying this fix soon.

View solution in context

Solution
JimC64
Apprentice
Options

HERE IS THE POSSIBLE SOLUTION - WORKED FOR ME

Here is a solution.
Go to Settings, select Developer options, Bluetooth PBAP, Bluetooth PBAP version, PBAP 1.1, then Apply. Then put back PBAP 1.2 and Apply.
Tested on Subaru Outback 2019. Tested on Jaguar XJ X351 2016

Thanks to GanGS1eR for the above

If you don't know about Developer options - see below

For those, like me, who don't know about "Developer options", this video shows how to get that setting enabled:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDLsbJ_Myhc&t=77s.  I'll be trying this fix soon.

Thanks to ChiHarley for the above

QUITE SIMPLY - THIS WORKS

JimC64

View solution in context

59 REPLIES 59
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
On contacts have you tried
Contact sharing
0 Likes
Simone DB
Apprentice
Options

I have had the same problem since my November update to Android 12! So happy to hear I have company. 

My car Bluetooth can no longer see my Samsung phone Contacts or Recent Call Log. Without the Contacts list, I cannot use the voice calling feature of the Bluetooth or redial a recently called phone number.  Very inconvenient and frustrating. The Bluetooth settings menu no longer has the toggle button option of sharing or syncing Contacts at all. It has just vanished! 

I wish i could go back to the previous version of Android. Android has got to patch this quickly!!

Simone DB
Apprentice
Options

The contacts sharing option in Bluetooth

Screenshot_20211207-173448_Settings.jpg

has disappeared.  

0 Likes
ChiHarley
Student
Options

I also have the same problem after recent phone updates.  It was working fine with Sync4 since July.

Members_Tc4qUpO
Student
Options

Yep, same problem here. Upgraded my samsung galaxy s21+ to Android 12. Since then contacts wont import on car bluetooth. Share contacts is enabled and permitted acces to read contacts. Deleting bluetooth connection on both devices and reconnecting did not solve the issue. Can use bluetooth audio and seeing the phone numbers in my contact list. Only the names wont show.

Please advice. Thanks!

If someone

Cam2021
Student
Options

Same issue with S21 Ultra after updating to Android 12. No contact syncing on multiple cars and cannot find a fix. After re pairing phone contact syncing tab has disappeared from the settings.

NR99
Student
Options

Same here.  Spent two afternoons trying everything.   NewS21, 2021 Toyota Highlander. Worked fine with my LGG8.  Tried Bluetooth,  USB, deleted android auto, deleted phone from car and car from phone and re paired, turned on contact sharing,  switched PBAP from v1.2 to 1.1 and back.   Nothing!  Driving me bonkers.  Anyone figure this out?

ManiusNG
Explorer
Options

Same here. Peugeot 3008II + GalaxyS21 = no contacts on car

0 Likes
stevemo
Student
Options

Same here. S21 updated. Cannot send contacts to chevy mylink radio.

0 Likes