Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 12 update is *****. I've basically got a Nokia 3210 now

(Topic created on: 29-11-2021 02:22 PM)
pafc
Explorer
Options
So I did the android 12 update, over night and since then I have apps not working on my phone, apps that I use everyday. I've had two phone calls with Samsung support and both times I've been told that it must be the apps not working and nothing to do with the software update as they had no knowledge of any issues with it. Both calls I let the call handler have remote control of my phone, so they could see my screen, and I googled the issue and they say loads of complaints. Then then tried to look on here and they say for themselves that people were complaining. How can they not be aware when so many people are having issues???!!! Anyway, I got told that I have to wait and see if another update comes out and that may fix the problem. So yeah, I have a Samsung 21 ultra that I can't use properly. I may as well go back to using the Nokia 3210 *****!!! This is ridiculous!!!
35 REPLIES 35
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options

Have you checked if the apps in question are android 12 compliant ?

pafc
Explorer
Options
What do you mean? As in contacted the developer of the app?
0 Likes
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options

Yes, maybe the developer can help, or at least confirm if the app is fully compatible with android 12.

I know some other brands are having a few issues with apps at the moment with devices that are either running Android 12 public release or beta 

0 Likes
pafc
Explorer
Options
It's not just one app, im having problems with two, that I know of. You only have to read the comments on here or on Google to realise that there is some sort of issue with the software update.
0 Likes
pafc
Explorer
Options
People are having trouble with WhatsApp, Facebook and Instagram. Those are huge companies with apps used millions of times a day so why would android release an update that wasn't compatible with them?
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options

Ok, I was just offering my own advise from when I have had app issues after updates.

My device hasn't had an update yet.

Hope you find a solution.

0 Likes
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
Have you turned the phone off and back on since update?
Have you wiped partition cache..... I have had android 12 since start of beta testing only app that doesn't work is a work related app that was build by a 3rd party so doesn't work with android 12 as they have no access to stable version of android 12
0 Likes
Rusty777
First Poster
Options
My apps are continually crashing since the update and I cannot click on links in Facebook. They will not connect. This is ridiculous!!!!
pafc
Explorer
Options
Thank you for your advice Steve, it's appreciated. I'm just frustrated because I've tried everything and Samsung support have been doing stuff remotely on my phone and still no good. I've been told to wait for another update but thats no good to me lol