Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Android 12 OneUI 4.0 update failing at 25% of install

(Topic created on: 10-05-2022 12:39 AM)
XP12
Student
Options

Hello,

I have tried 3 times to install the current update and it fails by 25% and reboots on the previous version.

Anyone having a clue on what could create that problem?

My wife exact same phone (Samsung S21 Ultra 5G) was able to install it without a problem.

We are in Germany.

Thanks a lot in advance for your support

Kind regards

Xavier

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
Beezer
First Poster
Options

Thank you for this post. I bought my wife a 'brand new' Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2019) from Amazon (BTW: this Tab A is wifi only, no cellular) and even tho I have the "identical" tablet that I bought in 2019, I could NOT get the latest update to install on the new one via either wifi or Bluetooth (wasting the time to try four attempts), but each time it failed the update at 25%  and rebooted to say the update failed.  After doing some research I wound up here and found this post which helped us (me) to finally get the update properly installed.  Smart Switch did the trick..

But setting  up this Tab  A was about the most difficult I've ever experienced over the five Samsung tablets I've ever owned. Not certain I really know this, but it SEEMS that there was apparently maybe more than just one update (?) to the 'original' software version this unit shipped with, and at one  point after an earlier update, I totally lost all wifi connectivity until it finally dawned on me to configure the wifi connection for 'un-metered'.  Wow...what a hassle! I'm bald enough already and this was just about making me rip what was left out of my scalp.  So, thanks for the assist, AndrewL

0 Likes
XP12
Student
Options

Hello with lots of delay.

It worked out for me today.

Thanks a lot

Kind regards

Xavier

0 Likes
XP12
Student
Options

Hello, i had more than enough memory, battery aso. Smart Switch was the solution. No idea why my phone was refusing the standard method.

Thanks

Kind regards

Xavier

0 Likes
Steve120
First Poster
Options

This problem has been identified by hundreds of people.  I have seen several threads all saying the same thing: the update sticks at 25%.  This is clearly a fault with this particular update.  I have had the same on my Galaxy A03, which has plenty of free storage and a fully-charged battery.  Some of the suggested fixes seem horrendous.  I don't want to have to spend hours backing up my phone and messing about with another app on my PC to fix a problem that I didn't cause!

Is anyone from Samsung moderating these threads? If so, could you please tell us whether and when a revised update, which works properly, will be made available?

0 Likes
duckmother
First Poster
Options

Same issue with A32 5G. Smart Switch does work either.  Failed to update firmware is the error msg.

0 Likes
beradws
First Poster
Options

Ive been having this same problem for a while now on my A53 5g. I even tried a factory reset then update via smart switch and that still didnt work. It always gets to 25% and then errors with no further information. The help from samsung is below terrible. I honestly cannot recommend samsung to anyone these days - I only got this phone because my less than a year old A52 5G decided it no longer wanted to charge. Now this phone is less than a year old and has issues. 
My wifes A52 was having issues with apparent "moisture" in the usb C port which was completely BS. $700 for one of these phones.,,

0 Likes
Steve120
First Poster
Options

The chat service helped me to solve this problem in the end.  They advised me to download an app on my PC from the link below and connect the phone to the PC to update the software https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/switching/

0 Likes
Behailu Endalew
First Poster
Options

Hi

0 Likes