Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 12 issues

(Topic created on: 14-12-2021 08:50 AM)
Toffcuz
Apprentice
Options

Hi Samsung, I'm having big issues since updating to Android 12.

First issue is that my headunit does not work with my smart view anymore, in Android 11 it worked so smoothly now it just keeps trying to connect and then fails and keeps failing.

Second issue is there is now no option for me to exit out of Android auto from my status bar while leaving my cable still connected to my headunit. Now I cannot find this option anywhere to keep my phone charging in my headunit but also exited put of Android auto. It keeps reopening itself automatically. In Android 11 I was able to exit out of Android auto just by tapping the option I'm the status bar, and my phone will keep charging. 

These 2 issues are very important to me. I either need solutions to them or I need a way to downgrade back to Android 11.

Thanks in advanced

5 REPLIES 5
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's Google who seems to have messed with Android Auto.

Better of checking their forums .

Or maybe someone using here will reply.
0 Likes
GalaxyA51user
Voyager
Options
Smart View: force stop the Smart View app and clear data of it. Restart your device and done! I can cast to my Samsung TV although Samsung restricted casting with Smart View.
Android Auto: make sure it has been updated to latest version.
0 Likes
Toffcuz
Apprentice
Options

Not true I have now downgraded back to Android 11 and I am loving all my old features so smooth again

0 Likes
Toffcuz
Apprentice
Options

@GalaxyA51user wrote:
Smart View: force stop the Smart View app and clear data of it. Restart your device and done! I can cast to my Samsung TV although Samsung restricted casting with Smart View.
Android Auto: make sure it has been updated to latest version.

Smart view app has nothing to do with this, I am talking about smart view in the quick settings tab in status bar, NOT the app! Anyway I downgraded back to Android 11 and all my features are working back to normal again! Android 12 is broken in many ways.

GalaxyA51user
Voyager
Options
Smart View in Quick Panel is based on Smart View app, but anyway, you solved yourself your issue.
Samsung could fix the bugs.
0 Likes