Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 12 beta

(Topic created on: 19-12-2021 02:13 AM)
7o9
Journeyman
Options
Hi all I signed up for the android 12 beta but didn't actually download the update (because members here said the Google pay app doesn't work after the update as the Google wouldn't work with what is technically unverified software. However I now can't find out how to leave the beta testing program. (I went to settings in Samsung members but the option to leave the beta is not there.)

I'm currently trying to work out if the current software update which is being pushed to my phone if it was part of the beta program. Or if indeed I've been removed or no longer part of the Beta testing
0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
Tom32ka
Journeyman
Options
The beta has since ended because android 12 is now available to all S21 users. The December security patch is out in the UK. I hope this helps at all
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

As far as I'm aware @7o9 the Samsung Galaxy s21 is now receiving the final build for Android 12 with Samsung One Ui 4.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Onelove
Apprentice
Options
Left the Beta programme a while ago, downloaded the official version of Android 12 but now unable to download December security patch for S21plus as the OTA keeps telling me that I have the current software, which is the security patch for November 1.

How do I get my phone and the latest updates back since leaving the UI4 Beta?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Onelove: As updates are rolled out in batches, it may be the case that the December security patch has not reached you in your area/region yet. Keep any eye on it and, in the meantime, please head to Settings > Biometrics and Security > Other Security Settings > Security Policy Updates, and make sure that this is toggled on. 

7o9
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for that info. I can safely download this update then which is good news
jamesguise
Apprentice
Options
How do you join the beta testing?
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@jamesguise 

If it's available to you it'll be in your Samsung Members App.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

jamesguise
Apprentice
Options
Hi, it's available. But it takes me to the beta page on the samsung site, and the link there brings me back to the link in members, and it's just going round in circles. I've tried emailing the support, and they keep saying it's being sorted
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Too late.

Android 12 Beta for the S21 finished 15th November with the release of the stable update, BUK8.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes