Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 12 beta

(Topic created on: 15-11-2021 07:56 PM)
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
So we had a ton of suggestions that were quite popular amongst users and none of them made it to the stable release. Why create a beta in the 1st place, add a suggestions topic in which we ask for features we want for them to be passed onto development team and then ignored. I don't understand?
10 REPLIES 10
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's called customer feedback/poll etc.
They may use the suggestions for the S22 .
Then you will want to buy that one.
More money for them.

Or

They might trickle down somewhere along the line.

We can hope and wait.
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
The android 12 update is how Samsung wanted it to be with features Samsung wanted not what we wanted. Our input in the beta was irrelevant and ignored. Thanks Samsung for listening to your users. 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄
0 Likes
andykod77
Navigator
Options
Yeah I think that will be my 1st and last software beta for me, not worth the hassle of certain apps like Google pay not working,and still not work even tho I'm on the stable version now, just a lot of inconvenience I can do without
0 Likes
chippie
Pathfinder
Options
Think there may be a little confusion as to what a 'beta' and what 'beta testing' is.
It is literally for people to test what is given, report bugs and issues, said issues are fixed and re-tested in the subsequent incremental releases. A beta is not for the implementation/addition of new, revised or improved processes. That all happens in the architecture and development phases, way before any users in the real world get their hands on the 'beta'.

That's not to say that Samsung have not caused these confusions themselves right, leaving people far less than happy.

Greater explanation is certainly needed from all the posts on here. I have seen so many around Google Pay alone even though it's a well known fact that it has never worked under Samsung Beta releases, well known, well known to people who have participated in previous betas, so this was clearly not communicated to people new to the circus or at the very least not communicated well enough. Just using GPay as an example. This is also a Google 'security' measure AFAIK to prevent it being used under custom Roms, firmware. However I think I read somewhere that this may be fixed with certain tweets by Samsung in the future.

On the final 12 release, delete cache and data on GPay, uninstall, restart device and reinstall GPay.

Samsung certainly need to redraw the line between beta and suggestions. @GoanGeek explains it perfectly but not everyone knows this based on so many posts out there.

This is all a real shame as it leaves people unhappy which is not what the whole process is about 😔.
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Great explanation 🙂 but Samsung definitely confused us. We would suggest certain features like battery health view tab in device care, Samsung moderator would comment and say I'll pass this on to the development team to see if this long awaited popular requested feature can be implemented.
chippie
Pathfinder
Options
Totally agree with you. They should make it clear that 'changes' are not in scope.

Don't be put off though, keeping things in mind and hopefully with a work around to use GPay you may enjoy it a little more 'next time'😉.
Hope you have a great day!

Mark.
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Android 13 we might see battery health 😂 apple have it. OnePlus have it. And I'm sure other manufacturers have it too but not Samsung 🙄
chippie
Pathfinder
Options
LOL, I'm hoping, NO betting that they will drop it in via an update well before then. Just remember to take you physical Debit and Credit Cards with you when you go out 😂😂😂
Yorkie73
Pioneer
Options
I think the issue here is, people are reporting problems in the Stable release that we reported multiple times via feedback. The corrupted WhatsApp video for one example. When non beta users report something we did, it's a bit laughable. I for one don't think One UI 4 is ready for general release.