Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 11 to Androi 12 Update

(Topic created on: 28-12-2021 01:21 AM)
BurnDsrq
Apprentice
Options

Me and my Girlfriend have both the same phone , with the same provider.

Her cellphone has been updated to Android 12  but my phone is still at Android 11 with the last October Security Patch .  My phone is still showing  ( Up to date ) when im looking for update .

What's wrong ? Someone can help me why my phone doesn't want to update anymore ?

My provider Update Schedule for android 12 update  was on December 6 .

Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G

Provider Telus Mobility

thanks !

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

You have the Canadian, G998W, country variant of the S21 Ultra running carrier firmware for Telus.

To-date, there has only been one Android 12 release for this and other Canadian models, BUKF.

g998w telus.png

It is a FOTA, (Firmware Over The Air), update and you can check... Settings > Software update... to see if it is available for you. Alternatively, you can connect to the Samsung PC suite, Smart Switch and check via that.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
INTRASERVER
Pathfinder
Options
What your phone shows Settings > About Phone > Software Information > Service Provider Software Version
AAA/AAA, AAA/AAA/AAA*
* AAA - Will be different for every region, country is different.
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
0 Likes
BurnDsrq
Apprentice
Options

Screenshot_20220103-222217_Settings.jpg

 this is what i get , phone still at android 11 

0 Likes
Solution
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

You have the Canadian, G998W, country variant of the S21 Ultra running carrier firmware for Telus.

To-date, there has only been one Android 12 release for this and other Canadian models, BUKF.

g998w telus.png

It is a FOTA, (Firmware Over The Air), update and you can check... Settings > Software update... to see if it is available for you. Alternatively, you can connect to the Samsung PC suite, Smart Switch and check via that.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
BurnDsrq
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for your help ,  so i guess the android 12  firmware update will be released later for the UIP phone version .   I didn't know that there was so many versions of the same phone .  Both phone has been bought from the same place, thats why i didn't understand why her phone has been updated and not mine .   Thanks again