12 REPLIES 12
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
Not till October...must be 50 posts in last 2 week regards this
SusieJ
Pioneer
Options
It has been released to some of the phones I've been waiting too.
0 Likes
deadpool3049
Voyager
Options
The official line is that it is released but it will be released over the coming weeks to other countries, the US and South Korea were probably first due to the fact that it is a snapdragon processor the the rest of the countries that will be getting it will arrive soon.

The other reason for a slower roll out is that it saves the servers from being overloaded in one go.

It will arrive
Ekarahan
Navigator
Options
Germany had it same time with US which was exynos.
0 Likes
deadpool3049
Voyager
Options
I said probably wasn't making it fact as I didn't know but thanks for that what amazes me is this is like ever other update its rolled out in stages as I said due to not wanting to overload the servers its common practice
GrantG
Pathfinder
Options
It's not about overloading servers. It's about releasing it in stages incase there is a major bug. You can't release that worldwide to everyone and a bug takes down all the phones. UK won't get beta 1, we will get the second beta first just like we did for Android 11
deadpool3049
Voyager
Options
It is in fact about servers and the bandwidth if you released it in one go the servers would be unable to cope with the amount of data being requested this is how DoS attacks work you send some many requests to the server that it slows down to the point where is crashes.
As for the UK not getting beta 1 I'm pretty sure within the next week or so we will have it
Keithy
Navigator
Options
Thx roger
0 Likes
SusieJ
Pioneer
Options
It's just a matter of being patient and waiting for it