Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

am I just unlucky?

(Topic created on: 20-03-2021 06:17 PM)
BobLud
Journeyman
Options
I bought my first Samsung phone in February, an S21 plus. It was a dud. The battery simply didn't hold its charge. I returned it for a replacement as agreed. Nothing happened. I telephoned, and yes, they'd received it, and it would be “processed" in 3 to 5 working days. It wasn't so I suggested that they might like to refund the price instead... No.. Because I couldn't return the freebies which came with it. So I asked they should press on and get the replacement to me. Yes, in 3 to 5 or 8 or some such working days. Still nothing. So I got a bit irritated and said I'd go to the press if they didn't get on with it. That caused them to send me an email asking me to send them the faulty phone! Hang on, I said, you've had in your mits for 3 weeks! Oh they said. Well we didn't have any in stock to replace it... What? Why didn't you tell me that.. No reply. I asked to speak to a manager... None available they said. So I said do try to look for one, please.. Hold on a while, and we'll see what we can do.... So I hung on, and then, whist hanging on, the chap I'd been speaking to sent me an email! to say it will be processed in 3 to 8 working days, which after a full and frank discussion has been reduced to 3 to 5.
Now why can't this giant of a firm be honest, I wonder. It would be so simple to say sorry, we've screwed up.
I'm just waiting for the customer satisfaction survey!
Sent from a borrowed phone..... Of course. 
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
wow that's crazy, something is going on at samsung this isn't a moan but I ordered a new tablet and traded in the old one, they received the old one and said they will be in touch which basically means if there is anything wrong with it they will hound me for more money, thankfully the tablet was fine and I got the email to stay trade in complete, however this took 7 weeks to happen! what if they decided my tablet wasn't up to scratch I would have missed the 28day return period, the reason I have told you this is because you phone is probably being checked by the same department they seem to have an enormous backlog of phones or items to check. Sorry to hear you had major issues samsung has always been great with me apart from the very slow trade in process 🐌
0 Likes
BobLud
Journeyman
Options
I forgot to say that some way into my saga, and having had written confirmation that the dud thing would simply be replaced, they said it might be sometime until it was repaired for me! Honesty and integrity missing somewhere hete
0 Likes
BobLud
Journeyman
Options
Here
0 Likes
BobLud
Journeyman
Options
I really don't want to know their problems. If they promise something, they should deliver on it, and so far, they seem incapable of doing so.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Seems like you've been unlucky. Not had any issues with Samsung when it comes to claims and refunds. I returned a pre ordered S21 Ultra and it took them less than a week from calling them before the phone was picked up, evaluated and refund processed back to me. My only issue is that I had to call them instead of them responding to my email 4 days before regarding the return.

Last year I made a claim for my buds+ promotion which took them less than 2 weeks to send out (better than other promotional claims I've had). The fact they gave the freebies with the phone this year was a much better idea though (hate waiting).

Anyway my point is, it's not always bad, however I'm sorry to hear you've had troubles and hope things do get sorted for you.
0 Likes
Rastech
Apprentice
Options
Only issue I've had with my S20 plus 4G international sim free model has been the complete absence of updates. Bought New late 2020, first and only updates on first power on, to One UI 2.1 and the July 2020 Security Update. Occasionally since December, the phone finds Updates are available, but yje Update Server Refuses Connect . I just get try later. I've tried factory resets, connecting via VPN, and run Samsung Diagnostics with no fault sound. Phone Status is "Official:" if that means anything, plus Samsung Customer Support tells me I'm running the latest version of updates for my phone, and that they can't tell me when Android 11 , One UI 3, or Security Updates are going to-be available. Not Good as release and availability was supposed to be December 2020.😦
0 Likes