Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alphabet column (on right side) gone in contacts list

(Topic created on: 25-11-2021 11:44 AM)
Angelo005
Explorer
Options
Hi all, just had the latest update, ONE UI 4.0 ANDROID 12, on my Samsung Galaxy S21, and now the alphabet that used to be visible in the contacts list on the right hand side of the phone, going down, is gone now and is replaced with dots so I'm unable to go straight to the letter to find the contact I'm looking for. Does anyone know how I can put it back? please
79 REPLIES 79
billparks001
Apprentice
Options

Love to B***H slap em!!

0 Likes
Cher-
First Poster
Options

Did you ever get this resolved? It happened to me on latest update and I'd like to get it back. 

AMMont
Journeyman
Options

No! 😕 No change. Our opinions do not matter. Bummer. 

VeronicaGillmer
First Poster
Options

They can keep the slider and return the alphabet they can make it a choice! Not everyone likes what other people likes. I just hope Samsung does read the complaints so that they know what the consumer wants its after all the consumers that use their products. 

kronkie
Apprentice
Options

Which was?

0 Likes
kronkie
Apprentice
Options

Do Samsung ever read what people write on the community site?

billparks001
Apprentice
Options

I honestly don't know.....

If they do, they dint give a *****

Spencerbecks
First Poster
Options

I have just done an update on this and not only have I got dots as well, it has completely buggered up my contacts on my car phone.  No longer when is syncs is it showing the ID of the caller so I have no idea who is calling when I am driving and I don't answer unless I know who it is.  Why do they have to "fix" things that aren't broken when doing so always ends up breaking something else.  I have unsynced, resynced, powered off, powered on but no, still the same.  Well annoyed.

0 Likes
Mojack
First Poster
Options
My letter F has disappeared along with my contacts under F!!!
0 Likes
PLPSF
Student
Options

I’m a business user and don’t have time to fondle my phone. I have as much swiping turned off as possible - especially for answering and ending calls. Right now I have to guess which dot to hit to find a contact and then swipe up and oops wrong down. I noticed that Samsung comes out with an update on the first of every month which I know is not necessary. I’m not updating anymore. They just keep taking functions away and adding more stuff for younger people playing on their phones. I need to run a business efficiently so I’m looking for another business option for my staff. Samsung started out to be the best business provider, but not any more.