Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alphabet column (on right side) gone in contacts list

(Topic created on: 25-11-2021 11:44 AM)
Angelo005
Explorer
Options
Hi all, just had the latest update, ONE UI 4.0 ANDROID 12, on my Samsung Galaxy S21, and now the alphabet that used to be visible in the contacts list on the right hand side of the phone, going down, is gone now and is replaced with dots so I'm unable to go straight to the letter to find the contact I'm looking for. Does anyone know how I can put it back? please
79 REPLIES 79
AMMont
Journeyman
Options

It has been crickets...... no response at all. 😞

0 Likes
Angelo005
Explorer
Options
Perfectly explained. This is how it's done. In time we get used to it. "This is the way"
0 Likes
Monty05
Apprentice
Options

Hi Angelo005, I too found this so frustrating until I realised that there's a small highlighted tab to the right where the letters were and if you keep your finger on it and drag it down it highlights all the letters..

0 Likes
Monty05
Apprentice
Options

Hi,I too found this so frustrating until I realised that there's a small highlighted tab to the right where the letters were and if you keep your finger on it and drag it down it highlights all the letters..

Monty05
Apprentice
Options

Hi , I too found this so frustrating until I realised that there's a small highlighted tab to the right where the letters were and if you keep your finger on it and drag it down it highlights all the letters..

0 Likes
Monty05
Apprentice
Options

Hi  I too found this so frustrating until I realised that there's a small highlighted tab to the right where the letters were and if you keep your finger on it and drag it down it highlights all the letters..

0 Likes
AMMont
Journeyman
Options

Yes. We can do that. It adds steps. Sliding up and down till we get to just the right letter instead of just tapping on it directly. They have literally gone backward in technology like it's a '90's software design. Weird and frustrating. 

Zeshaan
Journeyman
Options

Please can the index scrolling alphabet return. This is  currently not a friendly feature and very frustrating when searching. Why mess around with something that wasn't broken?!

coram14
First Poster
Options

I still don't want an iphone.

0 Likes
Mariotrucker1980
Journeyman
Options

#SAMSUNG 

PLEASE Get back alfabetic column back as was before update.

Those new one is absolutely useless. 😡😡