Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alphabet column (on right side) gone in contacts list

(Topic created on: 25-11-2021 11:44 AM)
Angelo005
Explorer
Options
Hi all, just had the latest update, ONE UI 4.0 ANDROID 12, on my Samsung Galaxy S21, and now the alphabet that used to be visible in the contacts list on the right hand side of the phone, going down, is gone now and is replaced with dots so I'm unable to go straight to the letter to find the contact I'm looking for. Does anyone know how I can put it back? please
79 REPLIES 79
Maine730
Student
Options
  • Idk but I gate the newest update! It was A horrible choice... Even the post where I had to go and one by one set my ringtones for people, individually. Did anyone else have that problem? 
  • If they were trying to keep us engaged n excited with the device, they failed with me... 
Maine730
Student
Options

I want the feature back!!!

jimbo5054
Journeyman
Options

Don't we all👍

slmslm
First Poster
Options

Not only is this ridiculous to have a long series of dots to navigate your way through your contacts, but the fact that the dots (what used to be letters) does not stay on the screen is absurd. Why does it have to be hidden, does it offend someone's idea of the perfect minimalistic graphic screen? And why so thin? My fingers don't really even fit in that narrow zone.  Yes, I see the big green dots now that show the letters (which certainly helps) but the small letters could also exist in the right column all the time, and not be hidden. And make it wider. At least give me the choice to make it wider in settings if you don't understand why I would want this. 

PeaceKeeper
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I found if you start with your finger at the bottom of the dots, the go to the top and gently drag your finger down the dots the letters will display.  It's not that bad when you get used to it.

0 Likes
Members_foalioz
First Poster
Options

If you touch one of the dots, a letter of the alphabet appears and if you then scroll down, all the alphabet appears one by one and you just stop at the letter you want

0 Likes
AMMont
Journeyman
Options

That is our point. Before all you had to do was touch the desire letter. Now all this mess scrolling up and down till you get it to stop on correct letter. Stupid additional steps.

TezB
First Poster
Options

Hi Angelo. Just wondering did you ever get  solution from samsung for this as I can't see anything in the thread. The dots are useless and i miss the speed of the alphabet Thx heaps. T

Angelo005
Explorer
Options
Hi, I'm afraid not. A member at the beginning of this thread gave me the answer.
0 Likes
PeaceKeeper
Apprentice
Options

When you first open your contacts you may or may not see the dots on the right side.  Take you finger and start to drag where the dots are supposed to be.  On my phone a light color orange bar appears on the dots.  Drag the highlighted bar on the dots the letters of the alphabet will appear.  It's not bad after the first few time you use it.

0 Likes