Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alphabet column (on right side) gone in contacts list

(Topic created on: 11-05-2022 09:11 AM)
Angelo005
Explorer
Options
Hi all, just had the latest update, ONE UI 4.0 ANDROID 12, on my Samsung Galaxy S21, and now the alphabet that used to be visible in the contacts list on the right hand side of the phone, going down, is gone now and is replaced with dots so I'm unable to go straight to the letter to find the contact I'm looking for. Does anyone know how I can put it back? please
79 REPLIES 79
AMMont
Journeyman
Options

I totally agree with all you said. As a business woman, I don't have time "to fondle" my phone either. Love your choice of descriptive words! 

0 Likes
GeeS626
First Poster
Options

Hello,

Just wondering if you got the answer to your question about the contact letter bar being replaced with dots. Is there a way to change that?  Thank you!

0 Likes
Mredd3
Student
Options

I haven't gotten an answer from Samsung, but I have received MANY comments similar to mine on this thread.

AMMont
Journeyman
Options

I've heard nothing. Nada. Crickets.   Lots of agreement from the community but nothing from the company.

billparks001
Apprentice
Options

This was with my finger constant on "Dots" bar, slide up or down and it HIGHLIGHTS the letter you are on...
Thank you Monty05

dots.jpg

0 Likes
Options

Sadly, no. Seems we're stuck with the new system

0 Likes
Ljubomir
First Poster
Options

I have A32 but the same problem after latest update. This is one of the key features why I always choose samsung over the other brands. I hope someone at samsung has common sense and will bring back the alphabet column. 

jim40
First Poster
Options

the advice to press and hold the three dots to see the letters of the alphabet:
On my A51, all that happens is i get a button called "more options"  but nothing happens  when you click it.

0 Likes
niteswimming
First Poster
Options

Hi, any news on this topic? ...totally agree with you. One reason I always had Samsung devices was the dialer app with this exact function. ...WHAT'S REALLY WEIRD: I still have the letters on my Galaxy s21 ultra but not on my new S22 (non plus/ non ultra). All software is the same, same updates, same ui, same patches and even the dialer version is identically. Why is that? *grrrrr

0 Likes
billparks001
Apprentice
Options

If you push and hold your finger along the "dots" that used to be letters, a balloon type deal will show where in alphabet you are

0 Likes