Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alphabet column (on right side) gone in contacts list

(Topic created on: 20-12-2021 05:35 PM)
Angelo005
Explorer
Options
Hi all, just had the latest update, ONE UI 4.0 ANDROID 12, on my Samsung Galaxy S21, and now the alphabet that used to be visible in the contacts list on the right hand side of the phone, going down, is gone now and is replaced with dots so I'm unable to go straight to the letter to find the contact I'm looking for. Does anyone know how I can put it back? please
79 REPLIES 79
jimbo5054
Journeyman
Options

But that is an extra step. Why? 

Members_QX7mOZP
First Poster
Options

Jesus, this is absolutely f***in stupid, i wanna see the letters

jimbo5054
Journeyman
Options

Exactly. Why swap a horse for a donkey. Two moves instead of one. ***** is that progress? 

Nonenonenone
First Poster
Options

That's just a**nine

daveteauk
First Poster
Options

This is just plain DUMB! Samsung/Android - you are *****! Why make things MORE complicated/un-userfriendly??!! Morons! It was perfectly fine before this dumb 'update' now it just makes things WORSE, and more importantly, an additional useless step thast was not needed. You ***** BROKE something that wasn't broke and worked perfectly fine before, now it's just awkward to use and just plain dumb.

PUT IT BACK THE WAY IT WAS!!!!

dan12345
Student
Options
Samsung you need to sort this out ASAP!! Why remove the letters what a stupid thing to do. Why make things harder.. its like when they removed the camera background blur.. but yet the most used thing is a camera 🙄🙄🙄🙄 who thinks of these silly changes? 🙄
AMMont
Journeyman
Options

I totally agree. Before update we just tapped the letter we needed.  Now you keep having to slide up and down to get it to finally stop on the letter you are looking for.........  Much worse and takes MORE time when we are in a hurry.  STUPID STUPID. Put it back! 

AMMont
Journeyman
Options

Someone trying to justify their job. Rrrrrr. 😡

3rdPhone
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the helpful workaround, but cannot be regarded as a fix. Cannot get my head around why Samsung have degraded valuable functionality. (Phone is Galaxy S20 5G - not found in associated products!)

Xigo
First Poster
Options

they are gone .....now u can see letters only when you touch dotts on the right....i liked the older version with letters also.