Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

all my photos disappeared from gallery s21 ultra

(Topic created on: 16-04-2022 03:55 PM)
Members_4C8HymS
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

All my photos and videos disappeared from S21 ultra gallery. Rest of the photos, whatsapp or instagram folder are there. I certainly did not delete these photos. They are not backed up in the cloud or not in trash.

I see some other posts regarding that but I dont see any solution from Samsung Tech. Can someone please help me ?

21 REPLIES 21
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
Try going
Apps
Settings
Gallery
Storage
And clear Cache

And check the gallery
To see if resolves the issue

You can also check Google Photos

Also check the My Files app
Clicking on the three horizontal dot's recycle bin

These links may also be helpful

How can I recover deleted photo?

https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/mobile-devices/how-can-i-recover-deleted-photo/

Pictures in the My Files app are missing from the Gallery app

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001310/
Stefan90
Pathfinder
Options
I have searched about this issue and i found some possible answers hope it helps you.
- Galaxy store and update Samsung Gallery.
- Go to apps in the phone and select Gallery and "Storage" and select " clear data" after you select "Force stop "
- go back in apps for Gallery and select permissions and contact permissions and "Allow" and in Location only while using app .
- this step you have to pay attention.
Go in the settings of the phone and search for " com.android.providers.media and do the same step as storage clear data and force stop
- again in the search type. "Sec media storage and repeat the same process. Clear data and Force stop.
Hope it helps.

Members_4C8HymS
Apprentice
Options

Hi Stefan,

I cant find the com.android.providers.media when I search for it in the settings of the phone. I could not find the sec media storage as well?

Is there an option to select before to find these ?

Members_4C8HymS
Apprentice
Options

Hi Steve, thanks for the help but it did not resolve my problem...

xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
You could try going
Settings
Accounts and Backup
Restore data if you backup your phone
0 Likes
Stefan90
Pathfinder
Options
When i was working with some apps as well for Windows i was using Recuva te desktop app that finds every file photo song or video even after the hard drive has been formated. Try to plug your phone on the pc or laptop and instal recuva and give it a scan. I will try to find a solution and help you out.
Whereismygallery
First Poster
Options

I have now had the same issue occur, I have a S21, and use my Samsung gallery as my default gallery and suddenly thousands of photos are missing, even albums in hide albums are no longer showing. I am heartbroken, months worth of photos disappeared. I got this phone new recently and even though I restored from a back up or copied the previous phones settings over it appears the back up/ sync information was not carried over on to my new device and I was not aware.

Samsung cannot allow this to happen to us and must advise a way for us to retrieve these priceless memories

Some assistance from Samsung tech is a must for both of us

AndrewL
Options

@Whereismygallery: I'm really sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue. Have you tried opening the Gallery app > Tap the 3 lines in the bottom right > Recycle Bin, to see if your photos are in here? If not, try swiping up from your Home Screen, select the Google folder and tap on Photos to see if your images have been automatically archived.  

0 Likes
vdastpak
Apprentice
Options

I ran into a similar issue today. All the pictures taken using the camera had disappeared. Disbelief, followed by total panic! I have my pictures backed up on Flickr but it 's not automatic and it was a while since the last time I had opened Flickr.

Then I remembered I had moved a picture of my driver's license to the Secure Folder a few days ago. Checked the folder and found all my pictures there. Apparently I had somehow managed to select all instead of just that one image to move. Hopefully your issue will get resolved as easily as mine.