Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After android 12 update huge lag

(Topic created on: 21-01-2022 12:43 PM)
UncleDrew11
Journeyman
Options
Hello everyone. So I got the s21 5g model recently and as you can imagine is a brand new phone that runs smooth as a butter. I tend to keep my refresh rate on standard (60hz) which helps my battery drastically. But recently I realised my phone gets really jaggy as I'm running 100 apps together and it runs out of memory but there is nothing running in the background. I clean my memory and it still goes like that. It's really random, it can go away in 5 mins and come back in 10. Do you think it has to do with the new UI or is there a fault with my device? 
23 REPLIES 23
Utterbutter7
First Poster
Options

When I set refresh rate to standard it becomes unbearably laggy. However setting it to adaptive makes the lag go away completely. I want standard refresh rate though for better battery life. This happened after the January 2022 update for me also.

Mewpie
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue on s21+ .. it's super frustrating to use... Did you manage to resolve this?

UncleDrew11
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for sharing your feedback as well guys. Im forced to use adaptive as well, as it makes the lag go away, but the standard is still laggy and didn't find a solution yet.
0 Likes
dachu02
Student
Options

same to me after January update, on 60hz its laggy very often after unlocking the phone from the lock screen, its better on 120hz (adaptive mode) but sometimes laggy screen is back even on 120hz.

can we report it somewhere to samsung to fix it? becaue my 3 YO oneplus 6 is performing better now!

0 Likes
dachu02
Student
Options

when switching to 120hz its occurring less often

0 Likes
Charles312
Apprentice
Options

having similar issue with the slugginess. 

I've always used the Motion settings to Standard.

trying now Adaptive, although I don't enjoy it.

Tried wiping out the Cache partition. Same result.

Any official answer from Samsung or another thread?

0 Likes
Asimzb
First Poster
Options

Hello. I am also having the same issue with my Samsung S21 5G. I have set it to standard 60hz and it is slugish from time to time. Most of the time it is slugish but sometimes it gets smooth. When at adaptive mode it is always fine and smooth. Any solution yet?

Thanks

0 Likes
8link
Journeyman
Options

Same problem here. S21 screen set to 60hz and I've recently noticed that phone lags occasionally, screen stutter from time to time and it goes away on its own. It drives me mad. I've tried to clear the cache partition, as a last resort I've done factory reset and lost half a day to setup everything again. Nothing helps, it started to lag just after the factory reset. This problem is something new for my phone and didn't happen before so I think it may be related to some recent update. What helps is to set the screen mode to 120hz and then back to 60hz. Lag instanly goes away for some time. 

Hanry1
First Poster
Options

After update phone still.lagging. cleared cache.. memory more than enough left. Phone lagging so bad cant type fast and causing spelling mistakes. Have your issue been resolved

0 Likes
Arifnsf
First Poster
Options

@UncleDrew11 wrote:
Hello everyone. So I got the s21 5g model recently and as you can imagine is a brand new phone that runs smooth as a butter. I tend to keep my refresh rate on standard (60hz) which helps my battery drastically. But recently I realised my phone gets really jaggy as I'm running 100 apps together and it runs out of memory but there is nothing running in the background. I clean my memory and it still goes like that. It's really random, it can go away in 5 mins and come back in 10. Do you think it has to do with the new UI or is there a fault with my device? 

I have same issue... 

It's like...im playing a video 1 frame per 4 second. 

What should I do? 

0 Likes