Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After android 12 update huge lag

(Topic created on: 21-01-2022 02:33 PM)
UncleDrew11
Journeyman
Options
Hello everyone. So I got the s21 5g model recently and as you can imagine is a brand new phone that runs smooth as a butter. I tend to keep my refresh rate on standard (60hz) which helps my battery drastically. But recently I realised my phone gets really jaggy as I'm running 100 apps together and it runs out of memory but there is nothing running in the background. I clean my memory and it still goes like that. It's really random, it can go away in 5 mins and come back in 10. Do you think it has to do with the new UI or is there a fault with my device? 
23 REPLIES 23
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Try clearing the cache partition on the phone and that hould solve the issue. Just search 'how to wipe cache partition S21' and you should find what you are exactly looking for 😎. Hope this helps! 😊
UncleDrew11
Journeyman
Options
Hello and thanks for the reply.

However it's a brand new phone, a week's usage with no third party apps installed on it so I highly doubt it's an actuall performance issue. If I set it back to adaptive (120hz) everything is fine it's something has to do with 60hz refresh rate and I wonder if it's an update related bug.
Majk_2022
Pioneer
Options

Tak to jest błąd problem z 60 hz jest już zgłaszany także w innych krajach. Nie pomoże tu wipe ale doraźnie zmiana na tryb adaptacyjny 120 Hz 

UncleDrew11
Journeyman
Options
Thank you majk, I heard about it but wanted to make sure it happens to anyone else or at least if it's legit. Hope we'll get a fix soon.
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

It's a bug, had it a couple of times myself since updating to the latest January update. No idea of the cause but I think it happens occasionally when set to 60hz or automatically switching between 60hz and 120hz when set to 120hz.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
UncleDrew11
Journeyman
Options
Do you trying to keep it on 120hz but it goes back to 60hz? I saw about this bug but my problem is that I'm keeping it on 60 but it gets super laggy from times to times.
0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

It's adaptive so up to 120Hz... It doesn't stay at 120Hz 100% of the time.

Current Devices:
0 Likes
UncleDrew11
Journeyman
Options
I see. Where's your refresh rate set though, adaptive or standard? I'm trying to say that I have it set to standard and it goes laggy from times to times. From what I've found online is that the common bug is people setting their refresh rate to adaptive but it goes back to standard making it seem laggy. I don't know if that's a different thing or it's a problem with the refresh rate dropping on either cases.
0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

I have always set it at Adaptive.

Current Devices:
0 Likes