Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adaptive Frame Rate Issue S21 When Gaming.

(Topic created on: 19-09-2021 08:39 PM)
SmAs
Apprentice
Options

Hi guys,

So, recently noticed an issue with my S21 when running Pokemon GO. When I purchased the phone, the game, along with other apps would run (as expected) smoother with the adaptive screen setting on.

Now, about a month or so ago, I noticed that when playing pokemon GO, the phone would not run at the higher frame rate unless my fingers were contacting the screen.  So, when I touched the Pokeball for example, the frame rate shot up and became silky smooth. Then seconds after letting go the rate dropped significantly and became choppy.

It seems to be a weird software issue where the adaptive screen only comes online when the game/app is physically being played.

I compared this today with my friends S21 on the same game and his performance was consistently  higher frame rate. Same model, similar age. 

Any ideas? I am feeling like this has been affected by an OS or app update, but I've reinstalled apps, rebooted my system, checked settings and still come up with nothing.

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Try wiping the cache partition on the phone and that should resolve the issue 😃. To do this;

- Power off your phone.
- Connect it to a laptop/power source or insert USB C headphones.
- Then, hold Power & Vol+ keys and wait until the logo shows.
- Now, using the button keys, select wipe cache partition and then yes. Once done, using the keys again, reboot the phone and that's about it! 😁

Hope this helps! 😉
0 Likes
SmAs
Apprentice
Options
Hey! Tried this earlier today after recommended by Samsung support to do it. Unfortunately, it did nothing for the performance issue!

I've found that in 'Game Launcher' I can make it prioritise max fps but that I've never had to do that before (or used game Launcher before) to achieve the higher fps. Though it may be smoother, it's not as smooth as it was..
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
I think the August update made it that way, Pokémon go used to run permanent 120hz now it's adaptive. Switches to 60hz when you aren't touching the display, probably to save battery.
SmAs
Apprentice
Options
I figured this might be the case, but it's so choppy it feels sub 60, closer to the performance my old Honor 20 Pro got.. feels really poor aha
0 Likes
Knightshift76
Voyager
Options
Try Downloading Game Plugins then game booster plus
0 Likes