Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A-Z for contacts

(Topic created on: 19-08-2022 08:06 AM)
sfhgfcvr4
First Poster
Options
How do I get letters A-Z to show at the side of my contacts instead of dots please.  I am having to scroll down or take pot luck on tiny dots intead of clicking on the alphabet which no longer shows.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@sfhgfcvr4: I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulty navigating this feature of the Contacts app. If you press and hold on a dot then the corresponding letter will appear (depending on your current position in your contacts list) and you can then swipe up or down to access the letter you want. This is an embedded feature of the Contacts app in Android 12, and cannot be adjusted. 

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@sfhgfcvr4: I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulty navigating this feature of the Contacts app. If you press and hold on a dot then the corresponding letter will appear (depending on your current position in your contacts list) and you can then swipe up or down to access the letter you want. This is an embedded feature of the Contacts app in Android 12, and cannot be adjusted. 

GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It was changed to only show while scrolling on the right dots.
Or you can just search for your contact.
Skywallker
Explorer
Options

Uncool... I would also love to see that functionality back.

Like... I know in what order is the letters in alphabet, and still can roughly estimate where K or R is, but still it's a step back to remove all letters at once not leaving any customization option!