Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A new youtube video today on the S21 Ultra performance with both Exynos and SD

(Topic created on: 08-02-2021 05:24 PM)
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

There are so many of these similar videos out there... and so many articles ... that it starts getting very boring hearing the constant bickering and argument about the regional differences in this handset.  

I would urge you to watch this video... apart from the MrWhoseTheBoss tests, this video is seemingly one of the most controlled and factual tests that I have seen.   It was only posted up today to youtube.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuNNmf2gIRc&feature=youtu.be

I have no interest, to sit and spend all the time debating this repetitive argument ... but i want to share this link.  I think a lot of people will be surprised by these results, and there are other benchmarks that also support similar performance traits.    I think whichever of the chipsets has the upper hand, we are talking about a few percentage points difference. 

And whilst there are a few slight differences between them, I am pretty sure that after a few patches and software bugs resolved that many of the issues will be resolved and brought into line with one another.  

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
yeah... he's talking about the difference of temperature 🌡️ too.exynos got at idle a 41,42 degrees celsius.snapdragon seats at 32
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
Yea agreed. it does show a slightly higher temp of the exynos... but doesn't seem to affect the performance ... at least from the indication of these tests.

That being said... from my first 10 days, my phone certainly does not idle at 41... it is much lower than that.
- Smiley

SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options

It's a phone for the Winter... no need for gloves anymore!

ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Nice video smiley

The fact that this video has only just been released may indicate that The Tech Chap might be running the latest AUB3 firmware which I am finding is making a difference. 

This is the problem with the early video comparisons because the devices may be using any of the older firmwares, (there have been 4 releases so far for the S21 Exynos), that have not received the tweaks and bugfixes from Samsung that have increased and enhanced the phone's performance.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
Yes. He states a few seconds in with a screen message, that both phones have latest software as 7th Feb.

it is also worth noting that his tests are done with 12GB RAM variants... so possible that a 16GB variant could possibly change results.. for the better perhaps ( although I don't know how much impact that extra 4GB of memory would influence.)

In a gaming PC for example... the sweetspot is 16GB and any over that might not show much improvement. So it is somewhat undetermined what improvement between 12 and 16 GB memory variants might achieve.
- Smiley

ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

The latest Exynos firmware, AUB3, could easily account for the differences experienced by earlier reviewers on older firmware releases. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
michael39
Navigator
Options
hmm mine idles at this

Screenshot_20210208-185933_Cpu Monitor.jpg

0 Likes
michael39
Navigator
Options
will run a 3dmark stability test then see how hot it gets
0 Likes
SK00S21Ultra
Pioneer
Options
I agree with him and I want to keep the phone however due to the overheating issues this phone is not fit for the purpose
0 Likes