Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A new S21 Ultra Review... even if you are completely drained of reviews !

(Topic created on: 15-02-2021 01:47 PM)
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

I think many of us have watched so many reviews... some are contradictory... some are not.  

You are probably fed up with reviews now... in which case this post is not for your viewing.  Over the past couple of days there are some review emerging from longer term use after 1 month.  These reviews seem to sum up my own experiences quite well.

This is the latest review from TheTechChap after 1 month of constant usage.   An interesting watch, and one what many of us would agree with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jra0B-3zno

This is the latest review from Supersaf.. also after a month of usage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAEeNBMO4OU

I understand not everyone has had a great first experience with software / heating issues etc... and there will always be some arguments from the cynical about the whole Exynos v Snapdragon debate.

Kind Regards

Smiley 😀  

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
10 REPLIES 10
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
What's surprising, is non of them had the heating and audio problems that people keep posting here.
So is it user error or just a bad batch of phone from Samsung.
I like you luckily didn't have any issues.
There are quiet alot of apps not playing nice with the S21 series for some reason, and I would strongly suggest people to start from scratch and not transfer from old phone.
0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Thanks for sharing @smiley, interesting stuff! 

WilliamQ
Apprentice
Options
No heating or camera issues with S21Ultra which I purchased. Good review, open and honest
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

@GoanGeek wrote:
What's surprising, is non of them had the heating and audio problems that people keep posting here.
So is it user error or just a bad batch of phone from Samsung.
I like you luckily didn't have any issues.
There are quiet alot of apps not playing nice with the S21 series for some reason, and I would strongly suggest people to start from scratch and not transfer from old phone.

Yes this is not mentioned... 

From some of the comments on here, I believe there have been some handsets that clearly have more than just a software issue... and the overheating to almost burning the user sounds worrying.   

I found when I did a factory reset and started from clean, that many of my issues went away, although that being said i never had mine to the same temperatures as some posts.  Mine did get hot to touch at approx 44C during benchmark and long camera usage... but this was just slightly uncomfortable to touch the sides of the phone, not burning.   I never got any shutdown errors... and some have posted their pictures from screen where the phone has shutdown the camera.  

If mine had been that hot, I also probably would have sent it back for replacement. 

When I synced my previous phone content originally I had some 400+ apps installed on my S10+.    Just from a clean install and actually noticing many of the newly installed apps are now a newer version from play store, has led me to believe that some of the previous apps were incompatible with Android 11 / One UI3.1.  

Anyhow, with AUB6 software, a clean install and nominal temperatures, the S21 ultra is now becoming the beast that it should be.    There are still a few minor issues with camera but I am sure these will be fixed soon enough.  

Kind Regards

Smiley 😀

- Smiley

Bishop10
Navigator
Options
Received mine today no issues at all really impressed with it overall. The only negative is there is now " watch" tab on Samsung free in the UK.

I set up the phone as new and only used Smartswitch to bring over my media. Maybe this is the reason I've had no issues.
0 Likes
Bishop10
Navigator
Options
oh and I updated the software before transferring too. My phone is unlocked so have the BTU software rollout.
0 Likes
Murphmrm
Pathfinder
Options
how do I replace Samsung free with Google discover
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

@Murphmrm wrote:
how do I replace Samsung free with Google discover

Go to your home screen and press and hold in a blank area of the screen... it enters home screen edit mode.  Scroll far left and there is an option to enable either Samsung Free or Google Discover

- Smiley

Murphmrm
Pathfinder
Options
cheers
0 Likes