Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a few quick afternoon photos...

(Topic created on: 06-02-2021 04:33 PM)
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

I have had my phone for 8 days.  I seem to have avoided most of the issues that have been posted on this forum... and I am thankful of that fact.  

I have been quite active here in discussing issues and sharing my experiences. With all the comments on sub standard camera and poor quality photos I wanted to go outside and test further. Below are a few selected samples... they have not been over analysed. .. processed or anything other than to just point and snap. 

It is worthy to mention that I am far from a good photographer... I dont have a great eye for that artistic shot... or how to set up things other than the basics. These photos are NOT taken with the 108MP mode, to benefit from the super zooms.

The first photo below was the same scene taken at 0.6, 1,2 4,10 and 30 zoom. This is all  standard settings in the camera. 

A couple over the local pond showing 2x and 4x photos. 

The photos of the heron... were taken at 10x optical and 30x digital zooms.

I look at these photos and feel in my own humble opinion, and untrained photographer eye, to be perfectly acceptable quality. The 30x are very good, considering the digital processing of the image past the 10x periscope optics. 

I am sure that some s21u owners have their own agendas... and expectations. Personally I have never owned a phone with this level of details from the camera zoom. I once owned a bridge superzoon camera with 50x... but found it just as hard to use after 10x where every small movement just makes it impossible to take a quality picture. 

One comment I would make... to take an acceptable 30x photo took a good few shots. Even with the zoom lock feature on the S21 ultra... the smallest of movements in arms after snapping the picture would make the photo poor quality. Therefore I feel that you still need to have a very steady hand for these, and anything over a short zoom distance. 

I am still impressed,  and look forward to taking those beach holiday photos when we are allowed to travel again in the future. 

Kind regards
Smiley 😀

***UPDATE.   THESE PHOTOS ARE NOT AS GOOD QUALITY ON THIS FORUM AFTER UPLOAD, AS WHAT IS SEEN ON THE CAMERA / S21u GALLERY... DUE TO THE COMPRESSION OF THE IMAGES FOR UPLOAD TO THIS SITE.  THE 30x IMAGES ARE CERTAINLY SHOWING WORSE AFTER COMPRESSING FOR WEB VIEWING  ***
However you may just have to take my word for it or go out and try some samples for yourself.

0.6x zoom

1x zoom

2x zoom

4xzoom

10x zoom

30x zoom

2x zoom

4x zoom

2x zoom

4x zoom

10x zoom

30x zoom