Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8k video

(Topic created on: 06-10-2022 06:33 AM)
Daviek28
Pathfinder
Options
I recorded an 8k video about half hour ago , it was only about 30 seconds long, when I pressed stop , the phone started to lag things I was pressing happening about 15 seconds after I'd done it ie camera close gallery open etc , it eventually locked and I couldn't do anything , even though the camera app was closed the green warning was still at top of screen, I couldn't even turn the phone off , it stayed like that for about 10 minutes and the phone was boiling hot, it eventually turned itself off and restarted, anyone else have this issue with an 8k video 
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
How old is your phone please Daviek28?.. and do you record a lot of 8k video or was this the first time??... I have had my S21 Ultra for a year now and have NEVER recorded in 8k I must admit but have recorded hundreds of 4K 60fps videos despite my phone getting hot when using the camera for the first three or four weeks. Now it runs cool and fast thankfully..👍
Daviek28
Pathfinder
Options
I got the phone when it was released and it was the first time I'd used 8K video , it just totally locked up after I pressed stop, other recording modes have been fine apart from slo mo which is Jerky and basically unusable I have sent log files to samsung which included lines like "frames dropped due to buffer error" , they said it would be fixed in the next update but it still happens.
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
I would start by clearing the cache on the camera app @Daviek28 to at least reduce the risk of this happening to you again by pressing and holding the camera icon and hitting the circled i logo and tapping storage and looking for the clear cache option and hitting that.
I am surprised that this issue has not come up more often on this forum. It is something new to me. I hope a future software update helps you with this problem or someone else who has had this issue too can give you some good advice @Daviek28. Good luck to you..👍
Daviek28
Pathfinder
Options
I will try that it might help with the Jerry slo mo videos , I do t think I'll use the 8K video again , I was only trying it out , the 4k is more than fine. Thank you.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I guess not many record in 8k as not many have the 8k tvs to play it on.
I personally still prefer HD and rarely 4k.
Had its easier to transfer and stuff.
0 Likes
Daviek28
Pathfinder
Options
I was only trying it out to see if you could get good screen shots from it if you zoomed in , but as I said the phone just crashed
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I remember when the S21 ultra first came out it used to get hot and shutdown for people shooting videos.
I believe its best to take short duration videos 5 -15 mjns instead of very long ones like 30 minutes.

Also I believe you don't get stability with 8k so you'll need a tripod or something or the footage will look more *****.
shazzag
First Poster
Options
Error report
My camera app keeps failing. I cannot use the camera at all via the installed app. Someone had checked the camera works but it is not allowing the settings to be changed to allow me to use the three cameras on the actual phone I need it to take photos in New York soon. Keep going around in circles and getting nowhere. Screenshot_20221006-063040_Camera.jpg
0 Likes