Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60 Hz slow

(Topic created on: 21-03-2021 01:28 PM)
konarenz
Journeyman
Options

is anyone here using the standard 60hz on their s21 series? I don't know if it's just me but the 60hz mode feels really sluggish at best. I've had other android phones with 60hz but it does not feel this slow. animations are sort of leaving ghost trails when switching windows. 

I want to usw the 60hz to save battery on longer work days but the experience is so bad. I know there is dev options to speed up animations but I don't want to do that.

4 REPLIES 4
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I find there's little difference using 60hz over 120hz so I never bother. Besides that, I get excellent battery life at 120hz.

Curious what you find sluggish. I have a Note 10+ 5G and it scrolls and feels very similar when I use the S21 Ultra at 60hz. If you're noticing the difference then it's a testament to how much smoother 120hz actually is (which it certainly is).
PaulMrT
Pathfinder
Options
Using Note 20 Ultra and have set to 60hz over 120hz for battery life and took a little adjustment to get used to after 120hz but still smooth. Try activating Developer Mode and reduce Animation Scales or in my case Off as find them annoying.
_Jonno
Voyager
Options
congratulations you've been accustomed to 120hz happens to with everything at 60hz since I use a 120hz pc monitor and my phone everything else just feels slow/sluggish.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I second that I also use 120 hz on my s21 ultra and that's the way it should be.