Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G but not 5G

(Topic created on: 31-05-2022 10:18 AM)
paulH200
Apprentice
Options
EE recently upgraded my local mast to 5G. Now when I connect to it I get a 5G symbol with a white box around it all the time. Which I understand means that 5G is available but not connected to it. I am using a S21 Ultra. However when I put my sime in a couple of friends phones(Fold3 and Iphone 13) I pick and can use 5G all the time. The symbol also changes to dark to show 5G is been used.  I have reset network settings and reset the phone to no avail. If i am in the centre of town my phone does pick up 5G. EE seem to think the phone is faulty but it seems strange that it picks up from one mast but not the other  
3 REPLIES 3
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Your local mast is clearly a different 5G network standard to the one in town. The phone is not faulty, it just does not support whatever protocol your local mast to your house uses. S21 uses an early 5G modem that may not support all the standards ratified for use in the UK that came since it was designed and manufactured for or by Samsung
kevruislip
First Poster
Options
I get a very bad connection to EE too which is most the time , I have a note 20 ultra, ee say its the phone which it isn't. Things have to improve soon hopefully
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@paulH200: To ensure that your Galaxy S21 Ultra is set up to connect to the strongest available Mobile Data signal, please head to Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Network Mode, and set this to 5G/4G/3G/2G (auto connect). 

0 Likes