Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

50% battery draining overnight?

(Topic created on: 21-03-2021 08:04 AM)
Sam6
Journeyman
Options

Hi everybody, 

My S21 battery is has yet to last one full day. So I tried to test the battery draining not using the phone during the night, and it dropped to 50%...

Screenshot_20210321-083422_Device care.jpg

 This doesn't seem normal to me. Is this what I have to expect and accept from Samsung? So far I always used Huawei and I never once had to worry about battery life... 

Could this phone battery have issues? Should I return this device and ask for a new S21? I'll be honest, I already returned it once, this is the second S21 giving me these type of battery draining issues...

Thanks 

11 REPLIES 11
Kimble2415
Explorer
Options
Charged my S21 ultra this morning lasted since Friday afternoon usage with texts, calls and Internet at work both days.
0 Likes
Migs0
Explorer
Options
I get nearly 2 days from my battery, have you checked what apps are draining your battery?
0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
Here are some tips from me:

• Keep Dark Mode on at all times if you don't mind.

• Go to Settings, then Connections, go to More Connection Settings and turn Nearby Device Scanning off (it wastes a lot of battery).

• Uninstall any unused apps, it will save memory and reduce the background battery drain.

• Use a darker wallpaper if possible.

• Turn off NFC, Wifi, Bluetooth and etc when you aren't using them as it will save lots of battery.

Please let me know if you see better battery life on your phone after you use these tips. Hope this helped!
Sam6
Journeyman
Options

Thanks everybody. As you can see from the screenshot, it drained 50% overnight, not using it (7 minutes) and there aren't apps draining the battery... 

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Are you using any Bluetooth devices or have any connected? Looking at your usage it looks to me as if your device is not powering off and entering deep sleep. This could be a device or accessory. The Samsung accessory service being high on your list seems the likely culprit, especially because its background usage is constant. Perhaps a bug with an accessory maybe keeping your screen powered on.
0 Likes
Sam6
Journeyman
Options

I have a watch but it was turned off and the accessory services used only 1.3% of the battery.

Anyway, how could I resolve this issue anyway? I can't just throw away the watch and disable Bluetooth...

0 Likes
Hellina Kamil
First Poster
Options

Wow amazing..can u please share tips. Tq in advance

0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options

I see you copy and paste this comment everywhere, on so many posts, anytime anyone practically mentions battery life, even when, like now, it has nothing to do with them using a bright wall paper or having wifi turned on.

0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
Its just general tips from me, and these are effective on my phone so please do not leave such hateful comments as they are not welcome here.
0 Likes