Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 hours screen on time is embarassing

(Topic created on: 09-02-2021 03:11 PM)
zzcool
Pioneer
Options

i got this phone and tested it with my regular usage which is very heavy full brightness etc, and compared to my mate 10 pro which gets 8 9 hours screen on time with the same usage the s21 ultra gets 5 hours that is not acceptable

the s21 ultra also has the dreaded warm display that i hate with samsung phones it's like it's a rule now with samsung phones to make displays way too warm, it feels slightly better than the fold 2 but it is nowhere near as cold as my xperia xz1 or mate 10 pro (coldest setting)

32 REPLIES 32
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
mine took a week
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
my phone is never on max only in direct sunlight
0 Likes
SaiChaotic
Pathfinder
Options

I'm on my 10th day and I never manage to reach 7 hours, max was 5hours and 55mins with 4% left of my battery. With wifi on, but others like Bluetooth, GPS and mobile data are all off. I also do Bixby routines, forcing messaging apps to 60hz standard. 

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
0 Likes
SaiChaotic
Pathfinder
Options

I wouldn't be able to use my s21 ultra at full brightness it would hurt my eyes ahahah even when I'm outside I only need 50% haha

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
that's weird I get 7 max in mine but obviously much smaller battery so you should get at least 9 on that's. I have always said that samsung has awful battery life that's the only trade off
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
how do you manage to look at your screen on that brightness? my s20 which won't be as bright hurts my eyes on full for 2 mins unless I am outside
0 Likes
SaiChaotic
Pathfinder
Options

Screenshot_20210210-173620_Device care.jpg

 today looks a bit better, no gaming or waze today though but with an hour or so of zoom meetings. With weak telco signal in the room haha. 

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
SaiChaotic
Pathfinder
Options

Screenshot_20210210-204148_Device care.jpg

 but then I played 2 rounds of CODM and then went outside used mobile data and checked the maps haha. Without gaming it would reach 7-8hours probably. 

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
0 Likes
SaiChaotic
Pathfinder
Options

Screenshot_20210220-161505_Device care.jpg

 this is what I get now. 

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
0 Likes
qcmut
Student
Options

What does your phone  show it will last when 100% charged  and what is the predicated SOT ?? Mine shows 1d1h and a SOT of 4 hours and 28 minutes. Is this not poor ? My phone is 2 weeks old, exynos, powersaving off, 120 Hz, highest screen resolution but actually those settings do not have any effect on the times at 100% charge which is obvious.

0 Likes