Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 hours screen on time is embarassing

(Topic created on: 09-02-2021 04:03 PM)
zzcool
Pioneer
Options

i got this phone and tested it with my regular usage which is very heavy full brightness etc, and compared to my mate 10 pro which gets 8 9 hours screen on time with the same usage the s21 ultra gets 5 hours that is not acceptable

the s21 ultra also has the dreaded warm display that i hate with samsung phones it's like it's a rule now with samsung phones to make displays way too warm, it feels slightly better than the fold 2 but it is nowhere near as cold as my xperia xz1 or mate 10 pro (coldest setting)

32 REPLIES 32
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Just out of curiosity what tasks did you do?

Also not heard of this dreaded warm display of Samsungs. What I do know is that your S21 Ultra has a max brightness over 2 times brighter than your mate 10 Pro, so if you just crank the phones up to 100%, don't expect equal battery drain and heat production.
0 Likes
zzcool
Pioneer
Options

just use it, so no gaming or anything but just using it, setting it up getting apps installed etc

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
If you are doing a lot of app installation, it will get hot for the first time as lots of modem, data transfer is very intensive a task. Once set up you shouldn't have any more issues with battery life or heat.

This is one of my recent SoT usage from full battery.

Screenshot_20210208-063013_Device care.jpg

AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
ah well that's why samsung phones are terrible on first days when it settles down you will get more, my s20 5g gets 5 hours so you should get way more very shortly
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Nice! 👍
zzcool
Pioneer
Options

I bet you have snapdragon 

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options