Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Performance on Exynos S21 Ultra is waaayyy slower than an S10+ or S20+

(Topic created on: 05-02-2021 06:28 PM)
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options

Hi

Has anybody else noticed that the S21 Ultra doesn't seem to deliver consistent and reliable 4G speeds, particularly in terms of 4G uploading. I've done a comparison between my S21 Ultra and a S10+ both on the same network (EE) and the results are shocking.

The S21 Ultra simply doesn't consistently reach the same levels and upload is extremely weak for me - seems to take the phone a number of second to "wake up" and send any data over 4G.

WiFi is fine but the 4G speeds are pushing me to return the phone. 

Have others noticed the same issue?

Interestingly, Samsung seem curious, which makes me think that there's been other similar reports. It would be strange if everything else works ok to believe this is a fault with the phone.

Thanks.
400139200926_150530.jpg
80 REPLIES 80
Sugar Daddy
First Poster
Options

also forget to mention

if u purchased s21 ultra from vodafone, u will get slow speed

you need to change your csc to BTU with samkey then download BTU firmware and install it with odin.

then you will have great download speeds

i know that as i had s21 ultra from vodafone and now im having great speeds with 4G and 5G

0 Likes
elhombree
First Poster
Options

Hi everybody, purchased the 21 ultra in february. Its a Nordic version.

My operator has very good signal strength in my area. But since i bought this device i constantly have 1-2 bars and around 110-118 dbm. I had hoped that updates would adress this issue but samsung clearly has not adressed the issue. My wife has same operator and an iPhone and she has around 60-70dbm. I mean come on samsung!!

This is affecting my battery, weak signal but i still get around 50-70 mb with speedtest.

We need to make sure samsung get awerness for this issue. Hopefully a modem software is enough but i somehow doubt it.

SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options
I think they are hoping people don't notice and they get away with it. I think it's a hardware issue, sadly.

Make sure you report it and flag to this thread.
0 Likes
Straffy
First Poster
Options

I just decided to upgrade to the Samsung S21 Ultra, prior this I was on the Google pixel 3. I have immediately noticed my signal strength is far inferior to the GP3. Does Samsung read these posts and reply? or has anyone got any updates regarding this issue?. I have 14 days to decide if I want to keep the phone so really want to know if they are dealing with the issue. 

SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options
They aren't interested. Return the phone whilst you can.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
S21 Ultra - very poor connectivity to Vodafone network.

Slow connection -116dbs is typical.

Seems to connect to hdpsa (h+) by default and struggles to get to 4g.

Have two of these, both having same issues.
Yuphorya
First Poster
Options

Just leaving a message to say I've noticed the same thing so hopefully the issue gets some attention and solved. 

Festolite
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. I bought the phone from Thailand. Using it now in India (Exynos chipset). Now I removed the SIM2 and my phone has no issue with the 4G/Internet. If put back my SIM2, again I will have a slow internet issue.  

0 Likes
Arbaaz_Khan09
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem. I bought the phone from official samsung Australia (Exynos chipset). I did network reset, swap the physical sim with an esim, wiped cache, Software updates (currently on Nov security patch). Although this issue wasn't there, when i bought this device so hoping its a software issue. Will perform a factory reset if i can't solve this issue through settings. Hopefully samsung get awerness for this issue and provide  a software update soon.

0 Likes
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options
"Pixel 6 modem is quite a bit behind Qualcomm - 9to5Google" https://9to5google.com/2021/11/17/pixel-6-modem-analysis/amp/

So we weren't imagining it...

Pixel 6 seems to have same modem as Exynos S21 modem and has the same problem.

Anything to say, Samsung?!