Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Performance on Exynos S21 Ultra is waaayyy slower than an S10+ or S20+

(Topic created on: 09-04-2021 05:36 PM)
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options

Hi

Has anybody else noticed that the S21 Ultra doesn't seem to deliver consistent and reliable 4G speeds, particularly in terms of 4G uploading. I've done a comparison between my S21 Ultra and a S10+ both on the same network (EE) and the results are shocking.

The S21 Ultra simply doesn't consistently reach the same levels and upload is extremely weak for me - seems to take the phone a number of second to "wake up" and send any data over 4G.

WiFi is fine but the 4G speeds are pushing me to return the phone. 

Have others noticed the same issue?

Interestingly, Samsung seem curious, which makes me think that there's been other similar reports. It would be strange if everything else works ok to believe this is a fault with the phone.

Thanks.
400139200926_150530.jpg
80 REPLIES 80
Psychowboy
Pioneer
Options

Where can I check which firmware I have?

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Settings > Software update > Download and Install > Software information

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
Psychowboy
Pioneer
Options

How can I report this to Samsung?

0 Likes
Psychowboy
Pioneer
Options
I have AUC8
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Up-to-date, then.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
Dunestorm
Explorer
Options

Same problem! I've just moved from my Galaxy Note9 (Exynos) to a S21 Ultra (also Exynos) and my 4G download speeds have gone from ~25Mb to ~8Mb. In the late evenings when the awful network in my area isn't congested, I used to get around 50Mb, now I get 15Mb. Such a massive noticable downgrade!

0 Likes
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options
Personally, if I were you, I'd return the S21U as it would seem there's been little recognition of this issue by Samsung.
0 Likes
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options
Months later this problem is still present with the S21 ultra. Now however, I know it is a modem issue as 5G is slow too. 😞
0 Likes
TheRealDarren
Explorer
Options

On EE and 0-1 bar outside in area that coverage checker states EXCELLENT. Mate has the same phone and the same issue in my area. Done usual reset network settings, sim out clean, try another network and switch back, aeroplane on then off. Nothing improves it and phone cannot do mobile data. Works fine in other areas so I have raised an issue with EE as I suspect it's a coverage issue and needs investigating. Also, had the same weak signal on my Pixel 4 XL before I swapped it.

0 Likes
Sugar Daddy
First Poster
Options

i use Three and EE

With Three i get 800mbps download using 5G

EE i get 200mbps download using 4G+ payg

don't use vodafone for 5G neither O2 5g as they are still slow

0 Likes