Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

42 Apps Auto Put Into Deep Sleep High Background Battery Usage?!

(Topic created on: 04-03-2021 12:13 AM)
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
I've had it with the rubbish battery consumption on this phone if I have to factory reset then reinstall each app from scratch then I want to see Samsung issue a warning about its switching app if that's the cause. But the 42 apps that have been put into deep sleep due to high background battery use range from brand new apps only available to me when I switched to the s21 Ultra to old ones to I think the apps which look to be part of the system UI itself? I found it in Device Care settings then at the top there is a bar chart kinda icon which then shows "App Issue History" where there are 42 App issues. I now have 91 apps in deep sleep, which is a large percentage of them I believe. My battery graph over the past 3 days looks like a series of matterhorn and the charge left says 12hrs right now on 59%. Bull. I am using it a lot but lightly browsing the majority of the time on like 20% gives o't take 5%, no mobile data on, Bluetooth is connected to my watch and the screen is on 60hz and on FHD+. I had lightroom on for 1 session of just over an hour and the battery completely flopped to 5% from an estimated 75%. It's insanely bad. I swear after one of the updates it was OK. Maybe I dreamt that. 
8 REPLIES 8
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
It's in device care up top. or you can search for care report.

Screenshot_20210304-001425_Device care_2754.jpg

Screenshot_20210304-001404_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Wow that was a depressing conversation with an advisor. Basically have you turned every feature off which makes the phone good? No widgets, no moving wallpapers? Can book a repair but would be without a phone for 7 to 10 days. Then was told I could send it back as I was within the 28 days for a replacement after telling them bought it on the 28th of January and got it on the 1st of February. Too late. A nice wee get your hopes up before you leave 👋 Refreshing. To be fair he was nice im just annoyed.
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
It was the same when I bought the note 20 ultra, you were told to turn off most features that make the phone good. But I wasn't really one to be having really bad battery drain. I started from scratch and didn't transfer from old device. I returned my first phone and that one I did transfer all my data over. Only had the first phone over the weekend before it got picked up for replacement. In that 2 days battery was bad, 3 hours sot. I do believe not using Samsung switch helped with the 2nd device. I don't turn off all the good features and battery life is good for an exynos. Maybe you should do a factory reset just to see if it does improve your device.
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
To further show the ridiculous nature of the battery and its estimates, I swear down it said 12hrs on 59% (as if haha) as I went to look before posting. I usually write in notes before copy and pasting it so this process didn't take long 00.13 this was posted, 00:14 screenshots were taken. So in say 2 minutes without it dropping 1% between the first check, posting this then taking the screenshots the estimate fell by nearly 3 hrs.
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
I've put almost all my apps into deep sleep, the advisor told me to try clearing the cache on the apps which appear the highest in power consumption. So I went to the extremes and cleared every single apps cache individually. Removed them all from deep sleep, updated loads of them, used the app speed booster which claims better performance once completed. Now for the next charge I'm going to document how much battery I can achieve with the least amount of things on. So alongside 60hz on, FHD+ (can I deal with HD+, not sure, power saving mode, 9% brightness will try for lucky number 7% next, adaptive battery, all apps in deep sleep haha, take one SIM out, not connect to my watch all day, keep mobile data off as per usual, no listening to music and just browse casually and see if I can get double digits of screen on time before hitting 20% because I don't like going below that for battery preservation.
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
As for a factory reset that's my final option before repair. So far it's done the first 12% OK but I realise this is kind of a stupid test (mainly it's boring) so I'm going to listen to some music. There's also consequences when having so many apps in deep sleep such as no "hey Google" and just doesn't respond, my Spotify goes off not long after the screen does and in not getting alerts. Its not practical.
0 Likes
petrometro
Apprentice
Options
My daughter had the same problem with her apple iphone 7. We found a youtube that explained it was unlikely to be a battery failure but software hacks such as push and gps info. The guys were trained apple genius desk engineers.
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
It's been around 1 month since I posted this but within that time ive done the full factory reset, really wasn't the huge hassle I was expecting it to be, downloaded apps without using the smart switch, changed a lot of the app permissions and push notifications once downloaded again, did a soft reset, hard reset and something like the bootloader cache (connect to laptop by cable, turn it off then hold the power button and volume up to get to a blue screen and you find it there, not sure what that thing I did is called haha) and a few other things and the battery is now great.

One reason I'd guess I was getting drain was from having dual sims both on low signal. Both would have have using up a lot of battery continually searching for signal as it ranges from 0-2 bars on average and 3 if I've been blessed. I've put airplane mode on now and then manually turn Bluetooth and WiFi back on. The sims are generally work oriented and I'm not back til the end of the month so they only get turned on once a day to check then back off. People know better than to text me or call me anyway as it ends up unanswered for days due to where I live. 4g full signal 100m from my front door though 😢

I think the switch may have been a big cause though as its sending android 10 onientated apps over to 11. I only found out that several were completely redundant Samsung apps from android 10 that aren't a thing anymore in 11 after the switch.
0 Likes