Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.1 update has lost my recent apps

(Topic created on: 27-03-2022 05:41 PM)
TNJGB
Navigator
Options

Since the 4.1 update I no longer can see my most recent apps at the bottom on the screen. When I select the left button I get the message "No recently used apps". I have tried the fix clearing the Google app cache but to no avail. Any ideas how to get my recent apps back? There is a setting in recent apps called show recommended apps but I want to see my recent not recommended.

27 REPLIES 27
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Try clearing system cache instead. Working fine on my S21 Ultra.
0 Likes
TNJGB
Navigator
Options

The cache has been cleared and no difference.

Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I have the same issue since 4.1 update. I seen a few posts with s22 having same issue. Although i have apps at the bottom, none are my recently used apps. All samsung stock apps. Hopefully it's a bug that gets fixed.
TNJGB
Navigator
Options

Maybe this is not a Samsung issue but Google as old phones in the family which no longer get system updates ( S6 & S7E) have also just lost recents. The recents are still missing when the phone is started in Safe Mode.

Jones_of5
First Poster
Options
Note 20 ultra has same issue since update
0 Likes
BrianObu
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue with my S20 Ultra.   All it gives me is the calculator, camera gallery, calendar & settings apps.  Let's fix this by going back to the most recent apps.  While we are at it.  Please give us back the Dual Camera settinh for still pictures. 

ttbloodlusttt
First Poster
Options

I have thr same issue with recent apps. I seem to only have the option for recommended apps.

This is a frustrating and unnecessary change. 

Screenshot_20220405-042353_One UI Home.jpg

Screenshot_20220405-042411_One UI Home.jpg

Screenshot_20220405-042405_One UI Home.jpg

madrrio
First Poster
Options

this is likely a bug, but man what an oversight.

0 Likes
wakely
Student
Options

From the sound of things, this isn't a bug - found a post about this on the US Samsung community site and it looks like this is a "feature" of the new update. I hate it.