Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[22/FEB/22] BVB1 FEBRUARY Security update and bugfix for U.K. & E.U.

(Topic created on: 23-02-2022 07:47 AM)
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Samsung has begun rolling out their 8th Android 12 release for the S21 series of international devices.

Initially, as always, this is a staged rollout to the non-carrier branded, stock Samsung CSC codes first.

The Galaxy S21 international devices that will receive this update are...

• S21 5G model SM-G991B
  • S21+ 5G model SM-G996B
  • S21 Ultra 5G model SM-G998B

This latest release replaces the previous G99*BXXU4BULF/BVA9 builds on the international devices.

Changelog

• February Android Security update
  • Bugfixes

It is a FOTA, (Firmware Over The Air), update and you can check... Settings > Software update... to see if it is available for you. Alternatively, you can connect to the Samsung PC suite, Smart Switch and check via that.

Software information

BVB1 UPDATE_Settings.jpg

The update = G99*BXXU4BVB1

Download = 250MB (TBC)

Build date = 03 February 2022

Release date = 22 February 2022

Camera version = 12.0.01.23 (no change)

One UI version = 4.0

Android Security patch = 01 February 2022

This is the 27th stable update for the Exynos model in 391 days. Average = 1 update every 14 days.

TOP TIP: Wipe the phone's cache partition and use the Galaxy App Booster after updating.

(N.B. This post will be updated as more information becomes available)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
14 REPLIES 14
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

BVB1 update has already been rolled out to Africa, the Middle and Far East, Asia and is now coming to Europe and the Nordic Countries.

My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
woodlouse
Helping Hand
Options
And about time too - I was beginning to think that we'd skip the February update and get the March one instead!
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
Had that update in January on the Samsung galaxy s20 ultra
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
Rumours had it we were getting oneui 4.1 along with February update (s21 ultra exynos),so this isn't the case now then.
0 Likes
Antonz85
Pathfinder
Options
Im still on the janurary software. Has anyone recieved the feb update yet in the uk? Im using the s21 plus unbranded
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

[UPDATE]

Whilst there has been a widespread release of this BVB1 update for the G99*B devices to the rest of the world, by-and-large, Europe has been by-passed so far.

At this late in the month, Samsung may just choose to skip the February Android Security patch and go straight to March and hopefully include One UI 4.1 to placate Europeans. 

Toby3337
Student
Options

Haven't recieved one yet 😞

Gavlee2010
Voyager
Options
Me to on three UK on the s21 ultra still not received any update yet
0 Likes
Matthew-Long
Explorer
Options

In the same boat as you! S21 Ultra 256gb unbranded in the UK. I'm still on January 1st 2022 software. Others on here are also saying the same, so seems like it's not just us. Someone said they might skip out Feb, and go straight for March, which would make sense now! Could be to do with the release of the S22 Maybe? 

0 Likes