Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[15/NOV/21] Android 12 stock official update is rolling out, BUK8

(Topic created on: 20-11-2021 05:12 PM)
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Samsung have begun rolling out the first official stock update of Android 12, One UI 4, for the S21 series of devices...

Initially, as always, this is a staged roll out to the non-carrier branded, stock Samsung CSC codes first.

The Galaxy S21 Global, Exynos, devices that will receive this update are...

• S21 5G model SM-G991B
  • S21+ 5G model SM-G996B
  • S21 Ultra 5G model SM-G998B

This latest release replaces the previous G99*BXXU3ZUK1 / G99*BXXS3AUJ7 builds.

It is a FOTA, (Firmware Over The Air), update and you can check... Settings > Software update... to see if it is available for you. Alternatively, you can connect to the Samsung PC suite, Smart Switch and check via that.

Changelog (for  those coming from Beta)

BUK8 1_Software update.jpg

The update = G99*BXXU3BUK8

Download = 290.45MB (for Beta testers) 2670.68MB (for non Beta testers)

Build date = 05 November 2021

Release date = 15 November 2021

Camera version = 12.0.00.83

One UI version = 4.0

Android Security patch = 01 November 2021

This is the 20th stable update in 294 days. Average = 1 update every 15 days.

***TOP TIP: Wipe the phone's cache partition and use the Galaxy App Booster after updating.***

(N.B. This post will be updated as more information becomes available)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
36 REPLIES 36
MrForum
Explorer
Options
Do we have Ny idea when it will be available?
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@MrForum  Android 12, One UI 4, has been released for Greece in the last few hours. 

My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Samsung have had a huge release of the latest Android 12, One UI 4, stable release, BUK8, with 80+ CSC codes updated for countries and carriers, worldwide in the last few hours.

This includes those in the U.K. on the carrier branded S21 devices for O2 on CSC code = O2U.

No news, so far, on the last remaining U.K. carrier branded S21's for Three network on CSC code = H3G.

0 Likes
aaronw
Voyager
Options
It was a big update Screenshot_20211118-151017_Software update.jpg
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@aaronw Only a mere 290.45MB coming from the Beta release to the official, stock BUK8, Android 12, One UI 4, update. Enjoy!

0 Likes
aaronw
Voyager
Options
On previous I preferred single take now you can't change the timing on it I think that need to be an option for further updates and sort these bug and slow responses on apps
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Have updated post #1 to place a link in, "TOP TIP", on how to wipe the phone's Cache Partition and use Galaxy App Booster as this is considered best practice after a major update and can solve a lot of issues including lagging and apps foreclosing  without having to do a Factory Reset and wiping your device.

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

At long last, (8 days), the last U.K. carrier branded phone update is now rolling out.

Three network users on their carrier branded devices for CSC code H3G are receiving the Android 12, One UI 4 update, BUK8.

0 Likes
Dbromero
Student
Options

hello App booster is not available in Latin America right?

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Really? It should come pre-installed with the Android 12 update. 

Try looking for Good Guardians in the Galaxy Store.

0 Likes