Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[15/NOV/21] Android 12 stock official update is rolling out, BUK8

(Topic created on: 15-11-2021 01:20 PM)
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Samsung have begun rolling out the first official stock update of Android 12, One UI 4, for the S21 series of devices...

Initially, as always, this is a staged roll out to the non-carrier branded, stock Samsung CSC codes first.

The Galaxy S21 Global, Exynos, devices that will receive this update are...

• S21 5G model SM-G991B
  • S21+ 5G model SM-G996B
  • S21 Ultra 5G model SM-G998B

This latest release replaces the previous G99*BXXU3ZUK1 / G99*BXXS3AUJ7 builds.

It is a FOTA, (Firmware Over The Air), update and you can check... Settings > Software update... to see if it is available for you. Alternatively, you can connect to the Samsung PC suite, Smart Switch and check via that.

Changelog (for  those coming from Beta)

BUK8 1_Software update.jpg

The update = G99*BXXU3BUK8

Download = 290.45MB (for Beta testers) 2670.68MB (for non Beta testers)

Build date = 05 November 2021

Release date = 15 November 2021

Camera version = 12.0.00.83

One UI version = 4.0

Android Security patch = 01 November 2021

This is the 20th stable update in 294 days. Average = 1 update every 15 days.

***TOP TIP: Wipe the phone's cache partition and use the Galaxy App Booster after updating.***

(N.B. This post will be updated as more information becomes available)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
36 REPLIES 36
deadpool3049
Voyager
Options
Just downloading it now in the UK happy days it's a right chunky monkey 2.68gb just to warn you allScreenshot_20211115-121211_Software update_2523.jpgScreenshot_20211115-121105_Software update_2521.jpg
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Mine was tiny 🤣 I was on the beta.Screenshot_20211115-112054_Software update.jpg
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

TOP TIP: Wipe the phone's cache partition and use the Galaxy App Booster after updating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOLduvCLgEQ

Galaxy App Booster 1.png

My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
PM666
Explorer
Options
Is Google pay working for you after wiping the cache partition? Mine is still saying device is not certified.
0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Definitely wipe cache. Mine was lagging terribly after update but I was super charging and phone was quite warm so it could have been throttling.
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

So far, the BUK8, Android 12 update is available in the U.K. for...

Stock, unbranded, Samsung S21 devices CSC code = BTU

EE/BT carrier branded phones on CSC code = EVR

Vodafone branded phones on CSC code = VOD

No news on O2, (O2U), or Three, (H3G), releases.

ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I do not use Google Pay but it does not surprise me that it is not working as Samsung do not certify their Beta releases, that this BUK8 is based on, with Google for Pay. Give it a day or two.

achu
First Poster
Options

You must go to Settings -> Apps -> Google Play Store -> Storage and clear cache and next clear data. In the next step, do the same for Google Pay (Settings -> Apps -> Google Play Store -> Google Pay and clear cache and clear data). 

Next You must reboot phone in recovery mode (how to do it is above) and Wipe the phone's cache partition.

After Reboot run first Google Play Store -> Settings -> About and check Play Protect certification. It should be your device is certified. Next run Google Pay and pay by phone

Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Just downloaded mine on EE. For my Exynos S21 Ultra. 2.76Gb file size. After updating software updates and clearing the cache my phone normally gets very warm but following this update and clearing the cache (10 minutes ago now) my phone was barely warm at all. 👍 👍