Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10w Wireless Charging

(Topic created on: 04-02-2021 06:29 PM)
Brad2607
Pioneer
Options
Does anyone know which combo of chargers, adapters and cables will allow 10w charging on the S21?

It's driving me insane.

I've tried a charging pad rated up to 15w fast charge (says it's compatible with 10w Samsung charging) I've also bought a QC 2.0/3.0 adapter and am using the USB-A to USB-C cable that came with the pad. I am still only getting 7.5w "fast" charging. 

Samsung doesn't help this issue because it shows "Fast charging wirelessly" whether it's 7.5w or 10w. I've only managed to confirm it because I have a Samsung power bank that does 7.5w wireless charging and it's the same speed as this charging pad.

Why this is so difficult I can't even fathome - also would be smart to include in the charging message Wireless Fast Charge 2.0 so we can at least easily tell which it's working at.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
ghosty
Voyager
Options
the Samsung wireless stand comes with a 25w power adaptor and usb-c to usb-c cable and that charges up to 15w. so the Samsung 25w power adaptor should give enough power for 10/15w wireless charging. not sure if that helps you at all..
0 Likes
ghosty
Voyager
Options
oh yeah, the 25w power adaptor is the one they used to give you in the box of the s20/note 20 series 😉
0 Likes
Brad2607
Pioneer
Options
haha yeah I have a Samsung 25w charger from my old S20 ultra but even that doesn't seem to do this "fast charge 2.0". which stand are you referring to there are so many lol?
0 Likes
ghosty
Voyager
Options
that's odd. this is the one I'm using:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/mobile-accessories/wireless-charger-stand-ep-n5200-ep-n5200tbeggb/

it comes with the identical 25w charger that you have in the box. travel adaptor model ep-ta800
0 Likes
Brad2607
Pioneer
Options
maybe fast 2.0 is one of those things that only works with official Samsung accessories the thing I have right now is from Amazon. Thanks :smiling-face:
0 Likes