(Topic created on: 02-01-2023 11:50 PM)
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Update : Going back to S21 Ultra 😄

My Sim is in the Pixel 7 now.

But I had to fire up my S21 ultra again and missed the community😍

Also miss the Spen for photo editing.

Samsung movie app is way better then the basic Pixel one.

So I will be around for another year for S21 Ultra related queries I guess.

7 REPLIES 7
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The Pixel is not a phone for everyone.
The more stock Android is great for some, but it doesn't have the features and options that we have got used to.
I have one of my SIM cards in my Pixel 7 Pro.
But I run it alongside my S22 Ultra.
I like the Pixel but I'm not sure it could be my only device
Samsung got me hooked when I got the Galaxy S2, and Samsung has been with me since
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Good to hear you'll still be with us here @GoanGeek  👍 

Nothing wrong with diversity.

😎

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
Good to still have you on the community. The s21 series is awesome. Love my Samsung s21 that I got a year ago (9th Jan will be 1 year with the phone). Going to be running it for at least another year if not another year and a half.
danx55
Voyager
Options
hi, yes good to share tech info 😊 ... was going to go pixel, but slow charging put me off
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I just hope Samsung gives option to uninstall some of its apps or atleast disable them.

As I feel that's where the battery drain happens as one is running both google and Samsung apps and hogging location services and probably data which in turn affects battery.

Thank you all for the lovely comments .😍
danx55
Voyager
Options
yeah, i like the fe for size and camera, but think os could be lighter maybe
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
I am still a very happy user of the S21 ultra... originally an early adopter from 2021 preorders... and the phone has been great over the past 2 years.

I will have a keen eye on the upcoming release of S23 and the unpacked event. I feel I am up for an upgrade should the improvements be worth it.

However last years S22U incremental changes were not big enough to encourage an upgrade... so unless the S23U is remarkably better, then I will just stay with the S21 ultra until something better comes along.

My girlfriend has a pixel7pro... which is a great phone... but my 2 year old S21U still steps up alongside it in all aspects.

Of course as we have all learned in the past... if you preorder and want the latest tech... often it means some instability and a bit of pain and suffering with early software ... so whether i want to jump from the super stable s21 and suffer those early adopter issues again is another consideration.

Smiley ☺️
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite