Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1.1Gb S21 Ultra software update on EE

(Topic created on: 29-03-2021 08:33 PM)
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Hello all.. Just had this big software update on my Exynos S21 Ultra here in the UK. I hope it can address the noisy video problem but to be fair I am having so much fun taking pictures now with the phone and concentrating on what the phone can do as opposed to obsessing about what it can't that I don't care what the update does. To a point. Off taking pictures and videos in the mountains tomorrow so I will see if anything has been improved and report it here if I notice anything. Yes I am a good boy and have wiped my cache partition as I do after every software update now. Update details below. 👍👍

12 REPLIES 12
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
Ah nice thanks, yeah just downloaded it following your post.
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
You are welcome GusB.. 👍
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You are a good boy. Downloading as well.
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Thanks GoanGeek!.. So many people I work with call me a bad boy so your kindness is appreciated. Can I screenshot your praise please?.. 🤣🤣👍👍
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I just repeated what you said 😀. But seriously thanks for the heads up on the update. Now to see what's improved.
hammer
Explorer
Options
Unfortunately video is still noisy in average lighting conditions I have attached a crop from 4k30 recording

VideoCapture_20210329-213950_1143.jpg

hammer
Explorer
Options
here is a crop from 4k30 recording on iPhone 12 pro max

the 1st crop is from s21 ultra 2nd is the iPhone, notice the noise at the bottom of the image

VideoCapture_20210329-213950_1143.jpg

IMG_1744_1145.png

0 Likes
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
There is still way too much noise obviously hammer. Just how difficult would this be to rectify via software I wonder?.. Why is it so bad when the camera hardware is second to none?.. I have heard that this issue will be addressed in April/May but what is making it take so long I wonder?. This may cost Samsung sales obviously but with no Note model coming out this year (allegedly) then the S21 series should get more attention from Samsung this year and issues solved decisively if not rapidly?. Let's see.. 👍
SimonTemplar14
Pioneer
Options
Installed it a few hours ago. The size of the update got me hoping for to finally see the lowlight issue improved but unfortunately it seems to be worse. Not as bad as launch software but worse than the previous one. More noise and chromatic aberrations especially in the night sky. Focus also seems worse. Starting to lose hope here. I expect to see another update released soon. Doubt they'll keep this current version for too long.
0 Likes