Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[02/MAY/22] CVDD. MAY Security, Bugfix, Camera, updates

(Topic created on: 04-05-2022 09:45 AM)
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Samsung has begun rolling out the CVDD update with the May security, bugfix and enhancements release for the S21 series of international devices.

Initially, as always, this is a staged rollout to the non-carrier branded, stock Samsung CSC codes first.

The Galaxy S21 international devices that will receive this update are...

• S21 5G model SM-G991B
  • S21+ 5G model SM-G996B
  • S21 Ultra 5G model SM-G998B

This latest release replaces the previous G99*BXXS4CVD2 build on the international devices.

Changelog

• Overall stability of your device has been improved
  • The security of your device has been improved
  • Camera
  • The Night Portrait feature has been enhanced
  • The quality of pictures taken with social or camera apps downloaded from the application store has been improved
  • The 'Auto framing' feature is supported in video mode and some video call apps
  • After updating you will not be able to downgrade to the old software because of updates to the security policy

It is a FOTA, (Firmware Over The Air), update and you can check... Settings > Software update... to see if it is available for you. Alternatively, you can connect to the Samsung PC suite, Smart Switch and check via that.

System information

CVDD UPDATE_Settings.jpg

The update = G99*BXXU5CVDD

Download = 869MB

Build date = 25 April 2022

Release date = 02 May 2022

Camera version = 12.0.01.69

One UI version = 4.1

Android Security patch = 01 May 2022

This is the 31st stable update for the Exynos model in 458 days. Average = 1 update every 15 days.

TOP TIP: Wipe the phone's cache partition and use the Galaxy App Booster after updating.

(N.B. This post will be updated as more information becomes available)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
28 REPLIES 28
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
[UPDATE] Tue: 03 May 2022, 09.30hrs UTC/GMT

So far, this update has been released for...

• Germany. Stock Samsung CSC code = DBT
  • Italy. Stock Samsung CSC code = ITV

My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Thanks. Looking forward to the camera improvements.

Any difference you have seen?
UK is normally 3 days to a week behind from Germany.
0 Likes
KirkyLAD
Navigator
Options
I just hope it fixes the annoying call issue. I can't hang up in a timely mannor any more. It says call ended and the call carries on. I wonder if anyone can confirm?
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@KirkyLAD

Sorry but I have never experienced not being able to hang up from a call.

Have you tried using...

Settings > Accessibility > Interaction and dexterity > Answering and ending calls > Press side key to end calls

KirkyLAD
Navigator
Options
Thanks. I just tried that and the same thing happens. I'm sure I've seen at least 1 other post with someone else with the same issue since the last update (I'm in the UK)

I'll see if this update fixes it when I receive it and if not I'll factory reset
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@KirkyLAD 

Did you wipe your cache partition and use the Galaxy Apps Booster after your last update?

Wipe Cache Partition, Repair apps & Galaxy App Booster

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/wipe-cache-partition-repair-apps-amp-galaxy-ap...

KirkyLAD
Navigator
Options
I had already tried both of them but appreciate the help 😊

I just got it to work correctly with Bluetooth off (I have a Galaxy Watch 4 Classic) and it failed with Bluetooth back on so I thought I had cracked it but now it's failing with Bluetooth off again.

I even had to turn my phone off once then because it wouldn't hang up. So weird!
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Now available for...

• U.K. Stock Samsung CSC code = BTU
  • Baltic Europe. Stock Samsung CSC code = SEB

0 Likes
KirkyLAD
Navigator
Options
It seems to be working fine after this update 🙂