Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade klarna issues s21 ... again!!

(Topic created on: 22-01-2021 05:09 PM)
Rosieg
Pioneer
Options
Last year had awful problems with klarna and upgrading on the Samsung web page having been with them a few years with money taken out then refused etc! Took long time to sort out and should have learnt my lesson but.... Same thing has happened again. Page froze tried again money taken then refused!! Can't believe this hasn't been sorted out. Can't get to speak to anyone to sort it !!!

78 REPLIES 78
theroninhunter
Pathfinder
Options

@Pugs1957 I do know how credit applications work!! Other vendors do offer advise where things went wrong.

In my circumstances my reports are all excellent and I've never had rejected credit prior to Klarna taking over the finance contract with Samsung

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Possible reasons for rejection here https://www.klarna.com/uk/customer-service/why-was-i-declined-by-klarna/     Though each  purchase decision is  apparently made by an automated algorithm   https://www.theguardian.com/money/2020/oct/03/klarna-debt-buy-now-pay-later-fees-interest

Obviously some decisions may appear to be unfair and illogical, those with problems best to PM @Sam_UK. with all the deails to see if it can be resolved.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
theroninhunter
Pathfinder
Options
One reason listed which applies to us all.

If you still have balances on unpaid purchases with Klarna, we recommend paying some of them off first to increase the possibility of being approved for your next purchase
0 Likes
TommyTizzle
Pathfinder
Options

Screenshot_20210121-081852_Samsung Internet.jpg

I'VE HAD SOME SUCCESS AND WAS ACCEPTED 3RD TIME TRYING! 

It might not work for everyone but I've included a photo of step by step process which another member posted the other day. 

I was declined 2 times previously whilst trying to upgrade using my phone so I logged onto a PC as instructed and followed the steps as suggested, I used a different email to the one that is already associated with my current agreement and I MADE sure that the delivery address was the same as the billing address (not sure if it has anything to do with it but when I tried before I had a different delivery address than the billing address and got declined) 

I really hope this helps other members in being able to upgrade. I know it's a massive faff and far from ideal and I was almost going to give up but it's worth a shot right? 

Good luck 🤞

0 Likes
TommyTizzle
Pathfinder
Options

20210122_154250.jpg

0 Likes
theroninhunter
Pathfinder
Options
I've had enough so I'm gonna wait for Samsung to refer me to Klarna.

It's just not worth damaging my credit report over and over
0 Likes
TommyTizzle
Pathfinder
Options

That's fair enough and I was thinking the same with already 2 hard searches on my score though of you drop the moderators a message explaining about the unnecessary hard searches then they escalate the issue with Klarna and get them taken off. This happened last year I ended up with only 1 hard search and not 4 after I escalated. 

Not sure what klarna will do for you, they are pretty useless. 

Give the step by step process a go, you've got nothing to lose, at worst another hard search that can be escalated and taken off.

0 Likes
Mattdweb
First Poster
Options

I've been having exactly the same issues with Samsung Upgrade. I spoke to someone in Customer Services on the phone today and they confirmed it's an issue on their side. I've sent over a screenshot of the problem and a link to this topic. Hopefully they'll be able to fix the problems... Not great for a tech company!

ChrisJimHill
Pioneer
Options

So further to this issue, I spoke with Klarna, and they confirmed that this was the case and that couldn't be changed. Even when I queried that other people had already managed to upgrade, despite being before the 12th month.

I've now managed to place a pre-order and it's all gone through and has been confirmed by Klarna (despite being rejected several times).

I followed some other people's advice on here, which you've probably already heard. Cleared my cache, used a different email address, made sure my delivery and billing address were the same. Previous attempts at this proved futile.

However...this time I moved the requested delivery date from the 28th Jan (the earliest possible) to the latest possible, which is the 4th of Feb. I believe this is why it went through, due to the NEW contracts first payment starting in early March, ergo 12 months after the previous contract.

Hopefully everyone who has struggled so far can try doing the same and get the same outcome. Best of luck!

theroninhunter
Pathfinder
Options

Nope, tried and still declined. Starting to think Klarna are declining those with good credit because they won't make money from it.

These smart automatic algorithms are an excellent example of my credit applications need a human touch rather than allowing the company to out right refuse to investigate.  If myself and others complain to Klarna individually we all get fobbed off and told "tough luck, your credit is either poor or the algorithms is final" however soon as Samsung get involved their attitude will change to "Sure lets do a manual check of your application". @SachikoT 

0 Likes