Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 USB-C Charging Plug

(Topic created on: 22-01-2021 08:09 PM)
Haemophile
First Poster
Options

Hi I have just upgraded from an A5 to the S21 (major upgrade I know) but I have been informed by Sky that the new phone does not come with a plug, this is a great environmental factor apart from the fact that I only have an old USB charger and not the new and upgraded USB-C charger so my charging times would be slower than what they should be with this brand new phone. Is there anyone from Samsung who can tell me how I go about getting this plug without paying for it as I think you should be supplied with one if you do not have one already. If the charger hadn't changed then this would not be a problem.

4 REPLIES 4
Pete3012
Pioneer
Options
doubt you will get a free plug guess it just sign of the times am affraid
AndrewL
Options

@Haemophile: Sorry to hear of your disappointment. We discovered that more and more Galaxy users are reusing accessories they already have, therefore we have transitioned to the removal of the charger plug and earphones in our latest range of Galaxy smartphones. You will still receive a USB-C cable in the box that can be used for charging, however if you don't have access to a home computer with USB-C then you can purchase a genuine 25w Super Fast Charger from our website at a low price.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/mobile-accessories/wall-charger-for-super-fast-charging-25w-black-ep-ta80...

Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I'm sure I read somewhere the current range is £50 cheaper as a result?
Marc_Bannister
Pioneer
Options
That is correct, they have actually passed the savings onto us consumers which is a benefit I guess, and also the storage upgrades are only £50 this year compared to when they used to be like £100.