Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVERHEATING ISSUE

(Topic created on: 27-01-2021 05:41 PM)
Zohenprd
Journeyman
Options
for god sake I just bought an exynos  512 GB s21 ultra phone and it's just unusable , the phone get very hot if you open few app, video call and got a BBQ in the same time should be their  advertisement, 1500£ phone for nothing  lag always, hot for nothing can't use it properly. 

very disappointed 
121 REPLIES 121
Josh1546
Explorer
Options
I have seen there's new updates already for the system and could be getting use the usage pattern as its brand new still.
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

To be honest... give it some time !! 

It spends at least a week learning from your habits and calibrating to your usage behaviour.   How can you make such a statement after using it for like a day.   Which region are you...which version do you have ?  

If you buy a new car, you can't just drive it from the showroom at max revs... it needs to be 'run in'.  I am not putting a phone and a car to the same analogy, but in terms of battery life and the initial unboxed usage for a few days, it needs some time to settle down.  There are a few from other forums with similar complaint and after a few days the battery life and any heat issues improve.   

Did you install the first OTA update which is the advice when receiving the phone ? 

There are going to be a few minor bugs with this handset ... you find if you buy a phone on release day, that it will likely have a few things to fix in early bug fix release software updates.  The battery needs to calibrate.  The camera might have a few minor tweaks that need to be done... it is common.  

This is what should be expected from a pre-order of a brand new release.  If this is not what you expect, then perhaps a Note 20 Ultra would be your best bet... it has already been through the first few months in the public domain and therefore most of it's bugs are already fixed. 

Smiley 😀 

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
Zohenprd
Journeyman
Options
to be honest with you, I can't even use it, it's too hot like very hot it can burn you, the phone just go down, it closes app by themselves, I had an iPhone 12 pro max for my girlfriend we never had such issues, it's a 1400£ phone it's shouldn't be like that, I have a note 20 ultra and a S20 ultra as well for the exynos note 20 ultra it gets hot at first and then alright for the S20 ultra which was a Snapdragon no issues at all, perfect, I even give my note 20 ultra to my brother because the phone was not meeting my expectations and the S20 ultra Snapdragon was way better. I can't use the s21 ultra that I need to use my S20 ultra back, I can't get a video call it disconnect everything, it can't even calibrate with those kind of issues because I can't use it.
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

Ok, sounds like you have made your mind up.  Send it back for refund. You have 14 days.  

Don't forget it is a new toy...and probably been used a lot more than normal while you test it out.  Are you using 5G when it overheats ?  

i know I will be constantly using it... excessively over the next few days... when it finally comes.  I will be trying mine out in all aspects ... I expect it will get severely over-used over the next week. Then that 'new toy' just becomes my phone... and only has to tolerate normal usage.  

Personally I would give it some time...  but your choice.  

- Smiley

smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

..and did you do the software update ????

- Smiley

0 Likes
Zohenprd
Journeyman
Options
my friend I had all the Samsung, I love tech so much I always bought the last phone I can get, I did all the software update, I did all the things that I can to try to fix it, i never had any similar issues with all the phone I had, it's not the kind of things you should expect from a flagship phone of 1500£ it's a shame, the phone is amazing, very beautiful but I can't use it at all.
vladop
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I have the same problem. I'm downloading an old backup and I think I can grill .... the phone reports the download was interrupted due to temperature.

Ekarahan
Navigator
Options
I received my s21 ultra 16gb today but I am already disappointed with it..it just gets too hot while browsing through the phone and you can't even use the camera app because the phone is overheated..

20210127_223821_21043.jpg

SN14
Student
Options

I bought the brand new S21 Ultra 256gb ! From the very beginning it started heating like hell !!! This never happened to me like I bought a new expensive phone and the next day I return that to the shop ! Hopefully they are going to swap me with a good one ! That phone was unusable!

I was expecting better experience from Samsung this time, and in return my experience was worst !

Melbourne, Australia