Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Klarna upgrade problems

(Topic created on: 16-01-2021 10:55 AM)
ToBeOrNotToBe
Pioneer
Options

You look in every forum in this community and it's the same issue when you receive the upgrade email from Samsung - Klarna declining customers for no valid reason. 

What is Samsung doing about this as frankly it's not good enough from a manufacturer who wants to be considered as premium as Apple, but uses sub prime finance for its devices. 

First upgrade request crashed when thet asked for a card payment, went in again, straight decline?!? Credit file has two hard searches from Klarna. Not good. 

Is this some sort of con/trick? Its just not good enough Samsung.

6 REPLIES 6
London2tim
Helping Hand
Options

I've stopped using them after last year disaster

you can buy it using paypal credit or credit card - and pay in instalments if you want - is easier and more straightforward  

0 Likes
Faneo
Apprentice
Options

I have a slightly different issue.

Klarna get's to the bit where it says it needs to ask some security questions to make sure it's me, but then instantly says 'Authentication failed' and then 'Purchased Failed'.

I tried on Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Samsung Internet, even the Klarna app it's self. All the same.

It doesn't even get to the credit check bit, there's no credit searches on my credit file.

Klarna support says it's Samsung's fault, Samsung support says it's Klarna...

Topmantaff
Apprentice
Options
but if we change we are stuck with old phone?
0 Likes
Saxacat
Voyager
Options
Same thing happened to me on my first attempt; on my next attempt, no security questions and it all went through ok.
0 Likes
Faneo
Apprentice
Options
Yeah that happened to a friend also, just didn't work once but then was fine.
I've tried at least 50 times on various platforms and times but nothing. I'm under the belief that something has broken with my Klarna account so there isn't much I can do as I can't exactly make a new Klarna account.
0 Likes
London2tim
Helping Hand
Options
yes but you can sell it
0 Likes