Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Constantly getting declined by klarna 😡

(Topic created on: 22-01-2021 05:28 PM)
TommyTizzle
Pathfinder
Options

Hi

Really frustrating that I've just been declined twice by Klarna trying to upgrade through the upgrade program which has now left 2 hard searches on my credit score.

I can't understand why I've been declined as I already have a good credit score, an agreement already with klarna for my s20 which I haven't missed a payment.

I used Google chrome on my s20.

Can anyone shed some light on this and let me know your experience with upgrading.  Any successful ones and what browsers did you use and was it a handset, mac or pc?

I'd be really intrigued to find out. Thanks.

24 REPLIES 24
DanielJLMiller
Pathfinder
Options

Did you do both applications one after another. If you get declined once its always best to leave it 24hrs before trying again. 

0 Likes
TommyTizzle
Pathfinder
Options

I did indeed 🤦‍♂️ I tried applying twice, first one was the email associated with the current agreement with klarna. Got declined straight away. Them attempted a second time using another email which got me one stage further and added my DD details then got declined again. This was late last night so I'll try again tomorrow now instead of later today, that way it will definitely be more than 24hours gone by to try again. 

Thanks for your input 👍

0 Likes
Squashycake
Apprentice
Options

You're completely right, very odd to be honest. It'd make more sense if you'd had like a failed payment or an error with Klarna before as I'd assume they'd put a mark against you, but to be in good standing with a decent history with them should only improve your likelihood to be accepted as that's my experience at least.

Wakkout
Pioneer
Options
It doesn't makes any sense to be honest. Especially if you are already a customer with them abs never missed a payment. Like I did for 4 years. But no, I'm rejected and they don't know why.
CharlieHowes
Pathfinder
Options
Did anyone else have to go through the rigmarole of verifying through Klarna? The questions are completely ridiculous. Why can't they just text or email a verification code like everywhere else does?
Also, I've asked this before but not got an answer, but did anyone else notice the join samsung upgrade program when trying to check out? If you are already part of said upgrade program then why does it say join when you are logged in?
Has anyone had any information from Samsung regarding these issues ?
I spent best part of 2 hours being passed from various departments on Saturday and got no where.
I then emailed them & received a short email asking for more details. That was 96 hours ago and I've still heard nothing.
As for Klarna I really don't understand how they operate.
My gf, who has terrible credit, got accepted by klarna when shopping for Christmas. I have good credit, earn twice as much as she does, we don't live at the same address, and I can't get past the bloody verification stage.
Hesoyam
Student
Options
i got of the phone from Klarna and the upgrade window is from the 11th to the 16th month so that might be why it's not letting you (and me) upgrade, going to call Samsung to see if they can do anything about it.
0 Likes
TommyTizzle
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks for the reply. Yeah other members have already posted stating that is one of the excuses klarna are giving though that is not the case as members have confirmed that they have managed to upgrade in the 10th month so doesn't make any sense and anyway it shouldn't make any difference what month you can upgrade in as Samsung will be paying off the remainder of the finance owed on the old agreement. 

Let us know what Samsung say but the looks of it there are going to be a lot of unhappy members, my myself included, if we can't upgrade by the 28th.

0 Likes
Hesoyam
Student
Options
Samsung were useless, they said they have no control over the contract which we have signed and that they are "Sorry", what I have to do is upgrade when the contract allows 🤷🏻‍♂️
0 Likes
TommyTizzle
Pathfinder
Options

That is absolute bull***** 😒 sounds to me you've been fobbed off again.

0 Likes
Solution
TommyTizzle
Pathfinder
Options

I'VE HAD SOME SUCCESS AND WAS ACCEPTED 3RD TIME TRYING! 

It might not work for everyone but I've included a photo of step by step process which another member posted the other day. 

I was declined 2 times previously whilst trying to upgrade using my phone and Google Chrome, I've got a good credit score, never missed a payment and already have an agreement running with Klarna for the S20 i upgraded to last year and I'm only 10 months into my current agreement. I have read klarna are giving an excuse that you can only upgrade between the 12th and 16th month, that is not the case. Still have no idea why I was declined twice before but the steps I went through below worked for me and have also worked for other members too.

So I logged onto a PC as instructed and followed the steps as suggested, I used a different email to the one that is already associated with my current agreement and I MADE sure that the delivery address was the same as the billing address (not sure if it has anything to do with it but when I tried before I had a different delivery address than the billing address and got declined) 

I really hope this helps other members in being able to upgrade. I know it's a massive faff and far from ideal and I was almost going to give up but it's worth a shot right?

I really hope Samsung will cut ties with Klarna after this and it'll be a smoother process for next year!

Be really good to hear if it's worked for you too?

Good luck 🤞

Screenshot_20210121-081852_Samsung Internet.jpg