Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your payment was unable to process. Please try again or contact your payment provider.

(Topic created on: 28-06-2021 02:52 PM)
ah17
Apprentice
Options

I have tried to purchase an S20 FE five times using PayPal credit every time the order has failed to complete. On each occasion I go through the PayPal pop-up and everything goes though as intended and I'm instructed to "return to merchant". Upon retuning to checkout I'm greeted with the following message:

"Something went wrong
Your payment was unable to process. Please try again or contact your payment provider."

I have contacted PayPal and everything is rosy on their end and I'm inclined to agree as each time a pending transaction has entered my PayPal statement and I have received an email each time with a transaction ID.

I'm utterly fed up having contacted Samsung support via phone (twice), via chat (twice) and via Facebook messenger and on each occasion they have been completely useless. Support have told me they cannot see the pending transactions (even though I can provide them with an invoice number that PayPal had given me over the phone) so cannot reject them and that I have to wait until they expire (could be up to 30 days). Meanwhile I still cannot get the order to complete.

Figured I would see if anyone else has had similar issues before I give up entirely and chalk it up as a bad job.
Any advise would be appreciated.
20 REPLIES 20
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
Have u tired contacting ur bank ?
0 Likes
ah17
Apprentice
Options

PayPal is the financer, so yes.

0 Likes
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
I mean like, barclays, HSBC, santander, ect
0 Likes
ah17
Apprentice
Options

No as I am purchasing through PayPal credit.

My bank has no involvement in the purchase.

0 Likes
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Oh okay.
0 Likes
Srossi
Journeyman
Options

This morning I had exactly the same issue.  I tried various payments to get an order processed. It was so frustrating.  Eventually I tried using PayPal credit account,  it refreshed and then said 'something went wrong please try again.' I then tried using normal PayPal linked to my debit card. Exactly the same thing.  However,  I then received emails from PayPal and from my bank telling me I had authorised payments.  I have now paid for and had money taken out twice. However,  I have not received any confirmation from email. Although PayPal has provided me with two separate transaction numbers.  

I really don't believe in this day and age that online ordering should be such a pain in the proverbial. The products should be delivered tomorrow morning, but without a confirmation email or courier tracking, I'm extremely doubtful. 

ah17
Apprentice
Options
It is very frustrating, I've given up now and will look elsewhere.

Your issue sounds identical to mine and having been back and forth with PayPal and Samsung Im certain no orders will be processed. When speaking with Samsung support they had no orders on their system despite the pending payments with PayPal.

PayPal did their best to help but they couldn't assist with the incompetent Samsung support. They couldn't even tell me why the orders were not going through or how to resolve the issue!

You would imagine faults preventing customer purchases would be of a high priority but apparently not! 😂
0 Likes
ah17
Apprentice
Options
Also due to lack of any orders being logged in the system I expect the pending payments to be re-credited. Samsung said this should take no longer than 48hrs, PayPal advised it could take up to 30 days. Let's hope it's the former.
0 Likes
Srossi
Journeyman
Options

That was going to be my next question RE refund.  PayPal have both payments as 'authorising', but one payment has been deducted from my current account and the other payment has been detected from my PayPal credit balance.  I am literally bewildered how such simple transactions by such a large global company can provide such a headache.  I've had easier transactions from small independent businesses.  Samsung continues to lose legitimate customers and credibility through simple mundane actions. 

0 Likes