Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You are currently offline message frequently since last Samsung update

(Topic created on: 27-06-2022 11:39 AM)
Oliviatwisted
Apprentice
Options
It appears since the last Samsung update, I keep getting you are currently offline but yet I'm not but it then freezes until it appears it connects again. 
I've got a Samsung S20 FE 
Anyone else had this? 
30 REPLIES 30
Members_fJUKkdA
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issues. Did you find a solution? Thanks

0 Likes
La_Sol
Student
Options

Actually yeah, I did. I'm using F-Secure Freedome VPN and I realized that when the screen is off, after a while it blocks most connections even though there isn't any settings for it nor does it show up anywhere. So I ended up letting some apps, like Whatsapp and Tidal, bypass the VPN. The phone doesn't know what's going on and the VPN app doesn't tell the user what it does. So in my case it wasn't a phone problem but figuring it out wasn't easy. 

Galaxymom33
Student
Options

I have the same problem! It stays there awhile too and I can't type anything until it goes away. I'm clearly still online! It's frustrating!

0 Likes
Galaxymom33
Student
Options

Yup! S21+ and it's happening several times a day. So frustrating!

SarahJoBow
First Poster
Options

Recently upgraded to the S22 Ultra 5g from the S21 Ultra 5G... I work in social media and this issue is getting out of hand. I'm missing important work communications because messenger is offline and constantly restarting my phone is getting so old... I hope there's a fix soon!!! I love my phone otherwise. 

headers1983
Explorer
Options
Same issue on s21 ultra. Facebook and outlook doing it regularly.
Not a great experience. Last update definitely to blame
Members_6ebTcad
First Poster
Options

Same issue on older S20 as well though for me I don't actually appear to be offline I just get the messages.

Happens over 2.4 and 5ghz WiFi as well as over data networks (both 4 and 5G it seems) when outside to.

Wait a few seconds and the notification goes but as it's on top of all other screen functions it is hugely annoying.

Chipd22
First Poster
Options

I have noticed over the past year that my location is never accurate when I open up Google or search for something near me and I am thinking this is why like it'll have my location as somewhere I was 2 hours ago and when I open up apps it'll say you're currently offline but then it goes away... Could that be what's happening like it's going offline and not staying up to date about where I am and that's causing all the issues with my location not being accurate? It doesn't appear anyone has found any solutions to this is it Samsung supposed to chime in here and help with stuff like this?

MegsyPegsy
First Poster
Options
Same problem here. I have a Samsung A70 & constantly says uou are offline then Internet restored, even when using other WiFi . Also have problems recognising were I am on location. What's going on
0 Likes
JarHeadFloRida
First Poster
Options

Did you ever figure out what it is? Same issue here with Fascistbook, Instafascist, and podcast apps.

0 Likes